cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SPetrillo-US
Cosmic Ray

Samsung Internet App - Why Can't I Disable It?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why am I not able to disable the Samsung Internet app?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Internet App - Why Can't I Disable It?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey folks.

Stock apps, whether they are made stock by Google, Samsung, or your carrier, can not be uninstalled. They can be disabled usually by going to Settings>Apps, clicking on the app in question (like the internet) and then the disable button. Some stock apps won't have that option, but that's the only way to disable an app.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

69 REPLIES 69
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @SPetrillo-US

Many of the stock apps can not be disabled. However, if you place a different browser on the device, you can set it to be the default. Simply go to Settings>Applications>Application Manager. Scroll down and select the browser you want to use and then select 'Set as Default'.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

SPetrillo-US
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can understand apps that have dependencies on other apps, but this is an Internet browser app. The other question is why are you even including a broswer app when those using your phones have already made their minds up to use Chrome or some other browser app. I would just remove the app completely and make it an optional app under Galaxy Apps. It is just bloatware that is taking up phone resources unnecessarily.

userGH2xCCNgHh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SPetrillo-US wrote:

I can understand apps that have dependencies on other apps, but this is an Internet browser app. The other question is why are you even including a broswer app when those using your phones have already made their minds up to use Chrome or some other browser app. I would just remove the app completely and make it an optional app under Galaxy Apps. It is just bloatware that is taking up phone resources unnecessarily.

Exactly this. Doesn't make sense to force a proprietary app like this that nobody will use and not even allow for it to be disabled. Thumbs down on this "solution."

SPetrillo-US
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could not agree more. Samsung needs to look at how they package up their apps. 

usersoi6PbtrEa
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hate having things forced on me, this maybe my last samsung phone

userdeSXA9pvEp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I totally agree with you. 

This samsung "thing" has just changed my browser today and I don't like it and I don't like the way it just took over . ButI am such a numpty at theses thing I can't even revert to what it was , or even sure what the original was , I think it was google ..

Lenny White
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I agree. Samsung can be compared to the days of Microsoft trying to force Internet Explorer on who owned a computer. Samsung should pay attention to how THAT worked out!
user7grFsNy9il
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was able to unistall it on my new Galaxy S8

userHkAwe99kej
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yea me too