cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ams6596
Constellation

Samsung Kies/Link

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can someone tell me the app that will now replace Samsung Link? I recently switched from the s6 to the s7 active and it says in the app store Link has been terminated. I understand there is smart switch. But usually my reason for getting a new phone is a broken screen and since I have a password on my phone it makes it pretty difficult to get into. I'd just like an option to back everything up while I go and I'm unsure of there is one. Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Samsung Kies/Link

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @ams6596

Samsung Kies is only for devices using up to Android Version 4.3. Smart Switch was created to work with newer android versions to allow you back and restore information on your device, as well as initiate updates. 

If you are attempting to access a damaged device, you may attempt to use our SideSync application available here: SideSync Play store and SideSync PC/MAC . This would require you to have this app on your phone as well as your PC and allows you to broadcast information to your PC or control your device remotely. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Black Hole

Re: Samsung Kies/Link

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @ams6596

Samsung Kies is only for devices using up to Android Version 4.3. Smart Switch was created to work with newer android versions to allow you back and restore information on your device, as well as initiate updates. 

If you are attempting to access a damaged device, you may attempt to use our SideSync application available here: SideSync Play store and SideSync PC/MAC . This would require you to have this app on your phone as well as your PC and allows you to broadcast information to your PC or control your device remotely. 

View solution in original post