Original topic:

Samsung Messages going away?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
wilkinsonr71
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have heard that Samsung Messages is going to be sunsetted in favor of Google Messages?
5 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

While we cannot speculate future events - we can state at this time Samsung messages is here to stay. 

CesarO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I think google messenger was put in to kinda battle iPhone, cause they can like messages, edit them, and send videos easily while we can't. So I think it's just there as an option
0 Likes
GiGiShrum
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I prefer Google Messages MUCH better than Samsung and suggest you download it from Google Play Store bc they update frequently and are much easier. They have a lot of settings and customizable options and their spam call Blocker works well with messages, too.

~ side rant:
For the life of me, I do not understand why Samsung ~ the richest Android company of all, by far ~ continue to refuse to update their Galaxy Store layout and invest more into their apps! Every single review has barely 3 stars at most and a LOT of 1-2 stars. How,?? WHY?? Plus they make everything entirely too expensive. Drives me crazy. And don't even get me started on the bloatware.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Most of the bas reviews are from people who don't want that apps installed or want them Uninstallable.
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Here is what we know:

1. It will lose RCS support. Carriers around the world are dropping their version for Jibe.
2. Google has not released an API or anything to allow 3rd party support for RCS
3. Some regions already use Jibe and Carriers tell their customers to use Google Messages.
4. In those regions you can't install Samsung messages, or update them. It is now uninstallable and isnt a system app anymore.

If that doesn't point it to be sunsetted in the near future...
All US carriers are moving and has officially expressed this.