cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user00sD5w4MNd
Asteroid

Samsung Messages

One thing we all know Apple does better is their messaging app. Samsung needs to take measures to make their app more fun and convenient to use. One thing I believe is vital for Samsung to put in the Android 10/ 1 UI 2.0 update is the ability to name group chats. I have many group chats and they are hard to organize. It seems to be a relatively easy thing to add: it would even be useful if only you could see the name of the chat like Google messages. Please like this post if you agree so Samsung can see this post.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Messages

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useretlm5qaEqL
Asteroid

I would also like to add to be able to arrange your favorite contacts in any order of your liking instead of alphabetial order. This list not only applies to the Contacts app but the messages that's why i'm throwing the idea here. Don't want to be putting special characters or letters to get it the way I would like. But great idead on the naming the group messaging!

Samsung_hFNczYD
Astronaut

Do what needs to be done to make it better

user00sD5w4MNd
Asteroid

A temporary solution to your contacts problem is to pin conversations to the top of messages. Do this by tapping and holding the conversation as soon as you enter the messaging app and press the 3 dots then "pin to top". Hope that helps

TheVampireRove
Cosmic Ray

I'd also like for Samsung and Google both to add Tabs to their messaging app. I would love to keep my conversations separate from each other. Sometimes it would be so helpful if I could make a tab that contained all of my conversations with my Friends, a tab that had all of my conversations with my Family members, and a tab that had all of my conversations that are with my coworkers, vendors, and corporate office. I hate all of my conversations being in one place sometimes. And the ability to change the bubble colors would be nice too instead of having to change the entire system theme in order to get a different color.