JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Music unable to edit track details

(Topic created: 09-21-2021 07:56 PM)
userKlHhKnQduR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Haven't been able to edit track title/artist/etc since last Samsung Music update. Says file type not supported, even though it's an mp3/mpeg? I've always been able to edit them on this app.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We understand, thank you for confirming. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I didn't know we could do this on Samsung Music.
0 Likes
Antx90
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the exact same problem, but when I check what type of file my song is it says "MP4" but when I go to check on the files app it says is "mp3". How do u fix this. ??
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I am sorry you are having difficulty editing your music files. Having trouble with unresponsive apps? It may be time to give them a good spring cleaning. Don't worry, you don't have to uninstall the app or reset your phone. Instead, clear the app's cache or data. When you do this, any problematic files or bugs in the app will be deleted. You can also use your phone's Device Care features to limit background apps and help your battery last longer. Try these steps with the Samsung Music app: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

In addition, another thing to try is wiping your device's cache partition. the steps for that are: 

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Finally, try operating your device in Safe Mode, to see if maybe a third party application may be to blame. The guide for Safe Mode is here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
user2sE3veKaJJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No this has not helped
0 Likes
userVn1Tg06tT1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Nope this didn't work for me. My songs are not in order, don't have the correct titles or artist and the samsung music app is not allowing me to make changes. You should let users go back to before and stop forcing people to except updates that ruin the comfort of use just because YOU think it's what's best for them.

Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We understand, thank you for confirming. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

ss379573
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This didn't work for me as well.