Original topic:

Samsung Pay Without Lock Screen Password

(Topic created on: 12/8/20 9:37 AM)
userRt1zbec3NO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm not one that uses a password or thumbprint on the phone.  Was happily using Samsung Pay, and before I "tap" at a merchant, would have to enter a pin to use.  Recently, needed to factory reset the phone and reset all my applications.  For some reason, Samsung Pay now says the phone must have a password to use it, something I dont want.  Any ideas how to set this up to the way it was previously installed?

Thanks

3 Replies
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I would recommend calling our Samsung Pay team directly at 1-844-726-7297 for assistance with this. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userRt1zbec3NO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Completley worthless response!  Calling that number gets you someone in the Phillipines that bascially sends an email to another department.  Why not just tell me if what i want is even doable, vs sending me down a rabbit hole. 

usery5ALgJ4LUR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have recently complained about this too for my Note 20. It's extremely annoying and not worth using the app bec of it.  I would suggest posting a complaint at the Play Store. The developers monitor those comments posted on there. 

0 Likes