Original topic:

Samsung S10 black screen and auto rebooting

(Topic created: 11-28-2022 06:49 PM)
wjca
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My Samsung S10 cannot get to the home screen with app icons. It can ask me for the phone password, and then shows "phone is starting", then freezes with black screen, then auto rebooting. Because I want to save the photos and contacts from that phone, so I do not want to do factory reset myself. I tried the safe mode, same issue.

When I connected it with PC via USB cable, the PC could find my phone for several seconds when the phone was starting in safe mode. Then the phone freezed, rebooted; the connection with PC was lost.

I also bought an android fix software "Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android Pro" ($19.95). But looks it is a fraud software, could help nothing. I also bought software "DroidKit" ($39.99) to fix my S10; but could not help anything. I called Samsung care, and chatted a lot with them, no help. I went to the local Samsung authorized store UbreakIfix; they only do physical repair.

I tried to enter recovery mode, and wiped cache, no help.

I did a lot of tries. Same issue. Looks like the OS has problem. I make an appointment with local Samsung service store. But I guess they will ask me to do factory reset as well. The data repair/extraction (lab level, chip access) by the professional company will may cost $700-4000.

Is there a magic button combination or an unusual method/software can help to access my S10 phone in basic mode, without factory reset?

5 Replies
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Unfortunately, after all those troubleshooting attempts, I would be at a loss, too. The only other method you haven't mentioned trying is flashing a fresh firmware build thru the bootloader. However, that wipes everything too. IDK OP, damned if you do...
0 Likes
wjca
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I bought two fix softwares. They just did the firmware refresh.  They asked my phone model and downloaded the firmwire. DroidKit failed to refresh. ReiBoot finished refreshing firmware, but help nothing, still same problem.  i guess they might not download the correct firmware? 

Question: does the firmware refreshing delete all photos and contacts data?

0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Any firmware flashing or factory resetting will delete previous data.
0 Likes
wjca
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

In firmware flash, using file CSC will clean user data, but using file HOME_CSC will keep user data.  Factory reset clean all user data.

KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Good to know! Thank you! I used to flash back in the day, but I don't think anyone knew that ATT.
0 Likes