Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AlmostaCowgirl
Asteroid

Samsung S7 Edge got EXTREMELY HOT!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First of all, I've been a huge supporter of Samsung, we own tv's, Blu Rays, had Note 4, Note 7  (but was forced to replace it, so I got the S7 Edge).  I was in my vehicle playing my Google music for about 30 minutes to my destination.  When I reached my destination, I noticed my phone was dying rather quickly.  So I plugged it in, did my shopping and when I checked it,  (about 20 minutes) and the battery was even lower and it was SO hot I couldn't even hold it! I was worried it was going to catch fire, I'm sure it would have burned me had i not put it down! It also gave me a warning that it couldn't charge because it was too hot!  I got home and with It still off It was still really hot.  It charges extremely slow and STILL runs hot. I cant even be on my phone, while its charging because it still drains. I haven't downloaded any new apps and I'm really not a gamer but an occasional game (like once or twice in a couple months).  This is not the first time it's gotten hot, but NEVER burning hot like this! 

This is dangerous and something needs to be done! It even looks like the battery is starting to bulge.  I've only had my phone for about 10 months (since having to exchange it from the Note 7), and overheating like this should not happen!  Obviously since I'm not the only one complaining in these forums, you guys need to do something. 

I shouldn't have to pay for something that is obviously defective. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung S7 Edge got EXTREMELY HOT!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @AlmostaCowgirl

If you believe that your battery is starting to expand in ANY way, I strongly encourage you to contact Samsung directly by phone ASAP. They will be more than happy and able to help you fix this!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @AlmostaCowgirl

If you believe that your battery is starting to expand in ANY way, I strongly encourage you to contact Samsung directly by phone ASAP. They will be more than happy and able to help you fix this!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

AlmostaCowgirl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh I plan on it, because this is scary!  I have seen others complain and there needs to be something done before someone seriously gets hurt. I'm concerned because my phone was in my purse when this happened.  I am a concealed weapons carrier and to have something like that possibly catch fire, it's concerning that it could possibly discharge my firearm!