Original topic:

Samsung S9 never get software update

(Topic created: 03-18-2022 04:28 PM)
user1E1p0b02Xx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I purchased this brand new S9 from Cricket several years ago, though I have changed to other carrier since then.. It's still running on out of the box Android 8.0.0. I never got software update.  When I check the software update on the phone, it's always showing 'Software Update Interrupted . No update is available for your device'.   Today, I installed Samsung Smart Switch, and I am surprised it also showed software is up to date on this phone. (Are you kidding me ? There is no update for 8.0.0 ?) . Please help to figure out what to do in order to update the OS.  Thanks.

user1E1p0b02Xx_0-1647645807816.png

0 Likes
11 Replies
For-You
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go on sammobile download the firmware and update through Odin . Make sure you put Home_SCS

user1E1p0b02Xx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for responding. Would you advise what HOME_SCS is? Never done this before? Nervous.

BTW, can I upgrade to 10 from 8.0.0 directly?

0 Likes
Ekamek
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It allows you to update your phone without losing your apps or data. Sammobile.com does provide instructions on how to flash it but go to xda-developer site for additional information on how to flash the phone. You're not getting update because it is stuck on Cricket firmware with a SIM from another carrier.
For-You
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Home-CSC not SCS sorry ..
Odin is a software, with this software you can reflash samsung with oficial or non oficial firmware.
So before update your phone, first of all you download the data , it can be up to 8Gb, you put on recovery mode you're phone then reflash with Odin.. but that for only who knows how to do not for all , please don't do it if you don't know .
You can lose your data ,
So Home-CSC is that part wich is keeping the data as you have now on your phone without losing,
0 Likes
Ch_k37
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Android 10 is the latest for Galaxy S9 & S9 Plus..
0 Likes
For-You
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So at that point you can reflash your phone with difrent firmware based on amdroid 11 or 12 . But you have to r.t the phone . Actually I recommend you to buy a new phone .
Guys I understand you don't have money for new bit here is thing:
You buy a new phone and next year you just change to new one with trade in program, I'm doing that 5 years already. And I'm paying $200 only when you trade in, how much I'm losing? In 5 years 1000$ ok, anyway you go from s9 to buy in 5 years a new one , what you loose, well you lose 5 devices yiu can have . That it . Easy yes ? So be smart and you can have every year a new phone instead after 5 years. Good luck
0 Likes
robotdinosaur
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Becareful following those firmware flash steps someone linked, I read that Odin or whatever is a risky thing to get because it's unofficial and they might be fake downloads with malware. Like they said you are a noob at it, so just take your time finding the right website with it instead of the first one you see.

If you go that route, you're in the driver seat now and not Samsung, good luck
For-You
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Robotdinosaur you have right 100%
Not for everyone as I just mentioned up there
For-You
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I can do it , I did and I'm not afraid, I mean I'm pro on this