JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung UI 3 (Android 11) UPDATE

(Topic created: 02-20-2021 07:53 PM)
userMAPG72
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

okay so I just updated my phone (s10e) to the new UI 3 / Android 11 update and I already don't like it. like what happened to the notification bar on top. I hate it already, it's much slower than the older one and I dislike the blurry background. Also, the amount of space that the "device" and "media" takes up, removes 4 buttons thats I use often. I don't know what went through the team's head. <edit> and the font on some apps is so bad. I want to have the good old font and now I have a font that makes me think of my mom's wack font. ALSO, the update claims to make it faster but I actually seem a little more LAG. maybe um exaggerating but if anyone is seeing this please let me know what you think about the update. i could go on and on, the Gallery interface is basically IOS now and I dislike that very much. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside/requests/ideas regarding our products.

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. This thread will be locked for further replies. In hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, that you include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the Community!

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
kelvinhn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You live in the USA, and if you live in the USA, what service company do you have?
0 Likes
userMAPG72
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

hello, what does the service company would have to do with the update? 

0 Likes
DavidS007
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I live in USA (Georgia) . Me and my wife have the exact same phones-S10 Verizon,unlocked.Last week her phone got the February security patch and android 11 3.0,but mine didn't. I don't know why I didn't get it
0 Likes
Jzee2cu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
are both the phones locked to Verizon or one is unlocked. and it's S10 and not S10+, E or Note?

Only some line ups have been given the updates like Note 10 had got it and S10e has it too but not S10 or S10+. It's better to wait. there are some changes which is already being complained about.
0 Likes
userMAPG72
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

hey DavidS007, I'm not no expert but the software update does not roll out all at once. I have no clue how it works but my family gets the updates randomly, we never get them at the same time. I don't think its about the device you have since you said you have the same phones, but i may be wrong.

0 Likes
userk9z9paMA46
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My experience is similar, but worse.  I can't handle the new visuals; I need a clean and simple visual look or it makes me physically sick.  The new fonts/size/keyboard size, relocation of all the sound bars, etc.  are too much.  I can't handle the bubbles and aesthetic in part caused by the stuff we are unable to turn off.

Too many inputs elevate my anxiety, and I used to be able to turn off notifications that I didn't want - I don't use them for the most part.  Now I can't.  The QuickSettings bar, which I used all the time to maintain my sanity now is harder to reach and holds less icons.

The chrome/google "discover" mean that I had to install a different browser to try to workaround and be able to use the phone in small, 30 second increments.  But I can't look at it for any length of time, and now wonder why bother having a cell phone at all.  UI 2.5/Android 10 was nice, clean, simple - or at least I was able to adjust it to be so, and it worked perfectly for me.   Now I can't even use it. (I even had to type this on my desktop because I can't stand viewing the phone for that long without getting sick).

0 Likes
userMAPG72
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey userk9z9paMA46, sorry to hear that the new update gets you anxious and nausea. I do not understand what you meant the the keyboard layout as my keyboard is the same.

But i do agree with the new sound button area thing. I dislike that it has moved the the left (or where ever the sound buttons are on your phone. for me, i have already gotten used to the relocated sound bar but it annoys me that apple/iOS already has it like that, like, i have Samsung, NOT apple. if i wanted apple interface i would get apple c'mon now.

I also agree with the notification quick settings things going down a row. I had all my 4 rows perfectly assigned and now they cant hold the same amount :/.

I too liked the old version better, but we must adapt to the new version i suppose. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside/requests/ideas regarding our products.

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. This thread will be locked for further replies. In hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, that you include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the Community!

View solution in context

0 Likes