Original topic:

Samsung — allow unlocking of the bootloader on EOL US devices!

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 11:26 AM)
xeu100
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

To those unaware, the US series of devices (running Snapdragon, specifically) don't get access to bootloader unlocks at all. Bypasses and tokens to unlock it keeps getting patched, not to mention are risky. When a device is EOL, when Samsung will no longer offer major upgrades, they should offer an update that lets individuals unlock their bootloaders. Period.

Better yet, make it like Exynos phones and allow people to do it anyways. Please stop pandering to carriers and stop restricting our devices!

3 Replies
4Shelli
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I totally agree with you, I never understood what bootloder was so I never used it, but can it still be there hardwired in CELL? I've seen it but never activated it, because one it seems to cramp it down your phone and I didn't know enough, plus that worried me. My phone is supposed to be unlocked but I don't know for sure. My carrier won't give me a straight answer & the phone has been paid for 2 years now. I have a Note 8 cell, by Samsung Galaxy. Please let me know if you find a answer & I'll due the same. So please let me know & I'll do the same with you. Thank you, Sam-member, "4SHELLI"
0 Likes
xeu100
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So pretty much even unlocked phones don't have an unlocked bootloader. An unlocked bootloader lets you flash custom software, it isn't a hardware restriction at all.

clothednblack
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ohhh, the days of Root exploit, those were fun and aggravated hours of my life lol. All started with my Droid X, custom roms and all sorts of 'you can't do that...oh yeah? Watch this" I don't see Samsung ever giving this up, they love Knox and how it makes it a scary thing to mess with.
0 Likes