cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung deleted my last forum post because I questioned their update cycle

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently made a post (see attached pictures) commenting on the fact that Samsung lags well behind most other well known phone manufacturers when it comes to updates. Specifically when it comes to U.S. Unlocked versions of their phones. 

Samsung apparently found this offensive and with no warning or comment, deleted my forum post as if it never existed. Their chat support has not been helpful, I am hoping someone here can point me to a moderator who can tell me why my post was deleted and what (if any) rules i broke?

It appears my post was simply deleted because I spoke against Samsung and for no other reason. If you can't question Samsung's god awful update cycle on an open forum without being silenced. What else is Samsung hiding from us I wonder...Screenshot_20190226-132609_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20190226-132728_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20190226-132637_Email.jpgScreenshot_20190226-132647_Email.jpgScreenshot_20190226-132600_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung deleted my last forum post because I questioned their update cycle

JUMP TO SOLUTION

it looks fine. Try re-posting it. We will still have the copy in the PM's.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We apologize for your experience. Your previous post appears to have been pulled by the spam filters. Please feel free to re-post your information.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. 

Could you provide me with information regarding what exactly about my last post got the attention of that filter? I included no links, pictures, or any sort of strange content.

I want to know to ensure this doesn't happen again.  Also, would you be able to put my post back up? Or is that something you are unable to accommodate.

Thank You

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We do not know what would have caused the deletion by the filter. If you can re-post to a private message (PM Link), we can examine the post at that time, and let you know if anything pops up a red flag..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for clarifying. I will try to resend the post to you, but since I do not have a screenshot of my post I will mostly be trying to write it off of memory. 

Is there anyway to see my old post so I could ensure I am sending the same thing? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have pm'ed you. 

Very strange situation this is. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

it looks fine. Try re-posting it. We will still have the copy in the PM's.

View solution in original post

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will re-post it. Last time it took 6 days for it to be deleted. I will let you know should it be removed again. 

Thanks for the help. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are welcome.

Arctiic
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userdmhcHp7tQ8 wrote:

Samsung apparently found this offensive and with no warning or comment, deleted my forum post as if it never existed.

This is exactly what happened to me, and the complete absence of communication/notification, post moderation traceability/transparency, and justification is beyond peeving.

Unfortunately, I didn't take a copy of my post at all, the only thing saved was the posting title in my form fill data, and I couldn't find a cached version either:

"Why does Smart Switch backup to storage result in .enc file when encryption is disabled?"

Any advice on how to get the contents back?  I've actually since that time figured out a method to restore my the particular app data (something Samsung, Google, and T-Mobile all couldn't be bothered to figure out), so I wanted to post an update, only to find absolutely no trace of my post.

SQFP, PCQI