cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTBDOVMMbgx
Astronaut

Re: Samsung galaxy S7 fast charging not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my S7 Edge for less than 4 months and the fast charging has stopped working for no apparent reason.  I did everything they said to do and it still does not work.  I really would like help with this issue.

user4rJCNHq8Rb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to Setting - app - click at top and Select - Show System Apps - USB Setting - Storage - Clear Data - Restart phone.

If problem still exist , try this few times.

Worked with my Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy A5.

user7bqlbNqT1g
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I love you man! It worked after the first try! 

ksakel
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well.. I had the same issue.. Checked all possible solutions and the problem was finaly spotted... A missing pin in the usb charger. Every charger should have 5 pins, one was missing, resulting to standard charging. Replaced the cable and it works just fine. 

usergayN3g1jDf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes... it was off!! Thank you!!!

userd33HGyzZCV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Galaxy S7 just stopped charging with a cable the other night.  I tried 5 different cables and blocks, but nothing would work and the red charging LED on the phone's front would not illuminate.  The phone would not even recognize a charging cable was plugged into it.  I went and bought a wireless charger and it would charge wirelessly.  After I charged the phone with the wireless pad, it would then recognize a charging cable plugged into it, but the charging was super slow.  I had my phone inspected by a local repair shop and he said the USB port was physically good.  I restarted my phone and it did not help.  I reset my phone to factory settings and it did not help.  I deleted the USB cache as suggested on this thread and the red LED on the phone's front will turn on now, but charging is still super slow.  The phone will not Fast Charge now.  This is definitely a software issue.  Ive had the phone for 2.5yrs.  What can Samsung do for me?  I dont want to spend the money for a new S10e, because it is clear that this is a Samsung problem and nothing I did to the phone.  Thanks.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Rollerbeast
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have followed ALL of the recommedations in this thread to no avail. My Samsung Galaxt S7 will not fast charge (I know, Quick Charge) when using the micro USB port. It will fast charge via wireless. Someone has to know the solution if there is one. Since there has not been a solution in at least 6 months (as of 08/2018), that would indicate that Samsung has given up on this open case. Will the S8, S9, SX?, continue to fast charge after they go beyond the one year planned obsolescence?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Rollerbeast   If the fast charging works wired, but not with the cable, you phone will require service. We will be happy to set this up for you. Please send the model and IMEI numbers to this link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userKI86xIzolV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not warking fast charging problems is s7edge showing cable charging cheng the charger and deta cabal but not warking fast charging plz help me know