userG6vG4ZF48K
Constellation

Samsung galaxy S7 fast charging not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Samsung galaxy s7 fast charging not working 

tried following

1. Cleaned charging port with rubbing alcohol

2. Using orginal usb & charger ( working fine with Galaxy S6 edge & fast charging)

3. Updated all apps

4. wiped cache partition 

5. tried safe mode

6. tried factory reset

FYI- I did notice when i tried to clear cache parition, the first message i got was " Installing System Update " & "No Command" after I press power up + home + power buttons to enable the "Andriod Recovery" menu. I did wipe cache. Not sure this has to do with the issue. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung galaxy S7 fast charging not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Rollerbeast   If the fast charging works wired, but not with the cable, you phone will require service. We will be happy to set this up for you. Please send the model and IMEI numbers to this link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

70 REPLIES 70
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @userG6vG4ZF48K

Sometimes during an update fast charging can get turned off. Could you go to Settings>Device Maintenance>Battery. Then, press the button in the upper right hand corner and go into Settings. There should be a toggle you can use to switch fast charging on and off, make sure it is on. If it is on, then I think you should contact us at 1 800 726 7864 or through the Samsung+ application to schedule a repair order on that device.

userfwptzywb9E
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have this problem. It is obvious that there was a software update with Tmobile which has caused my S7 to stop fast charging. It had JUST received a warranty exchange about a month or so. Fast charging stopped on a random night about a week and a half ago. So I walked into the cell carrier store, they saw that In FACT is Not fast charging like their brand new phones, so they ordered me a New replacement. I get my phone 4 days later and it works Just fine, fast charging at the store and fast charging At home as well. Since its a 'new' phone (I'm pretty sure its refurbished), it started getting all the tmobile updates and It STOPPED fast charging. It is now 4 days and Yes, Im 100% sure the fast charging option is set, the cord and charger is The same, and No, there is No damage to the phone. Its less than a week old out of the box. This is very inconvenient. I paid for a Samsung device and now I cant even unplug the phone for at least 6 hrs before its fully charged??? Oh but also, I was chatting w A Samsung rep, already explain All of this, and he tells me he can get me a reference number of some sort. All I got was Chat has ended. Very disappointed. I'M never purchasing another Samsung Device. Makes me very sad since Ive been a faithful customer since the Galaxy S line first came out. 

SamsungIssac
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userfwptzywb9E Thanks so much for your continued patience, I can certainly understand the frustration of not being able to use your phone to your desired lengths. I have sent this information along higher up and rest assured we are working on a software update that should help get this patched right up. What line were you in contact with earlier that disconnected with you? 

Highlighted
useralNhSeMEH7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

has the fast charge issue been taken care of yet i still cant fast charge my cell phone

user2IaqIhf0m6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fast charging my S7 Edge has not worked for several months.  This fix worked.  So glad!

userrKdAhWcUOZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

how did u fixed ??fast charging issue ?

my s7 edge suddenly stops fast charging its takes 6 hrs to charge fully and i m pretty sure that charging port isnt damged and done all things like cache wipe etc but nothing works 

any help highly appreciated

userF29CxloOwf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user2IaqIhf0m6 wrote:

Fast charging my S7 Edge has not worked for several months.  This fix worked.  So glad!

I am having the same issue but on my nougat all of a sudden. What fix did you use?

userkh3scy2l4X
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue now. have the S7 not edge

ddodson
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I find it simply amazing that Samsung Tech Support disavows ANY knowledge of ANY Fast Charging issues and only suggest's the "Factory Rest" option ( which has no affect having performed it twice now ).  Why can't tech support own up to this issue as is evident in this community thread??   Why do they disavow any knowledg of any issue when Google returns plenty of related postings??   Why can't Samsung rush the fix out?  This all seemed to start (for me) with the last Android update.  I have done everything tech support suggested and still no fast charging on my S7 Active.  We pay so much for these "phones" today and the support just isn't there.  OWN UP SAMSUNG...FIX THIS ISSUE INSTEAD OF DENYING IT EXISTS.