JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung galaxy s10 charger port burn

(Topic created on: 1/18/21 9:47 AM)
useredD4TdROyK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung Galaxy S10 purchased July 2020, plugged in with a samsung issued power cord and charging block. A few minutes later heard the alarm that sounds for "moisture detected in charging port" but instead the alert read that the port was overheating. I immediately unplugged it and smoke was coming out of the charging cord and port along with the smell of burnt electronics. In the 3 generations I've had of galaxies, this is the first time I've encountered this issue and the worst. What if I had not been there to unplug it? Please help correct this. A 6 month old , $800 electronic should not be having these types of issues. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out I can understand doing so experiencing this symptom. I would be happy to look into this further for you, could you please provide me with the model and IMEI number for your device along with any photos of your symptom in private message? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar 

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Solution
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out I can understand doing so experiencing this symptom. I would be happy to look into this further for you, could you please provide me with the model and IMEI number for your device along with any photos of your symptom in private message? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar 

View solution in context

0 Likes
useroFm2XnNjjA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Me too facing same issue.My usb charger burned and phone gets too hot while charging

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Oh no! I am sorry to hear that! Please send a private message with the full model code and the IMEI number of the phone so I can look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user9pAwHxs1YJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

did you get any respond from this samsung community? im also facing the same issue

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this for you further. Can you please provide me with your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, just wanted to follow up. Are you still needing further assistance?

0 Likes
useredD4TdROyK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, yes I did. Not the appropriate one, with samsung telling me my only option was to mail my defective device, and my only cell phone, in. I'm truly disappointed with the customer service policies. I'm unsure of how the realistic expectation can be to have people be phone-less for a week while the company figures out what it did wrong. All one giant inconvenience. Why can cell service providers send out replacements with no issue but samsung cannot? Its very clear with them, if we do not return the defective device we will be charged. Simple and no one has to be additionally inconvienced. 

As far as this forum, I got what I needed I suppose. Thanks. 

0 Likes