cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2SiiC
Astronaut

Re: Samsung galaxy s7 edge sound distortion

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey i had this issue but after messing around for a little while i went into settings under the sounds and vibrations and went to sound quality and effects and turned on the uhq upscaler and the static was gone. Dont know if this will fix your issue but it solved mine and i still have automatic call recorder installed 

Brutuslinx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I deleted acr  and static was gone. Thankful for this thread because I was about to go to the store and get the phone replaced.  And now I'll check out the sound settings and re installing the acr.  Thanks 

captain76
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This fixed my problem!!!!!!!   This is the issue.  Great Find!

ksolo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I encountered the same issue.  I also have the ACR recorder installed on my S7 edge.  After uninstalling the app/license and restarting my phone the issue went away.  Thanks for posting!! 

shamalwinchurka
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This noise comes from cellular radio present in S7 Edge. If we are in weak cellular network region then cellular radio works hard to maintain connection with tower. If we put S7 Edge in Flight mode and or turn on WIFI then that noise just goes away.

4myshasta
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in a weak connection area at almost ALL times with Sprint. Smiley Sad
It still has static when I'm at home w/Wi-Fi.

I was having so many OTHER problems with the phone and because I cracked the screen, I had to do the $200.00 replacement before they'll do any type of repairs.
(I ordered a screen protector that was to arrive on the 11th. USPS LOST the order so they reshipped. I dropped it on the 12th. The reship of the screen protector arrived on the 13th.)

So I haven't had the new, SCRATCH THAT!, refurbished phone for even a week now and I started getting static last night.

I did the clear cache method and it worked.

10 minutes later, the static came back.

Cleared the cache again and so far, almost 24 hours now, static free.

I've ALSO been told it's the ACR so I uninstalled that but that didn't help.

I have not yet heard or read anything about Airplane Mode so thanks for that info.

The problem IS, that's a HUGE problem!!!

Cancel out Phone mode to be able to use the radio. (?)

Highlighted
mdupie3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the exact same problems on my S7. With me though, the problem occurs with the speakers at the bottom of the phone and continue even if I plug in the headphones that the came with the phone. I already had the ACR app deleted before I knew that could be a cause so I know that's not it, but I noticed I still had SKYPE and heard that was also another cause. Just deleted it and hope it's the permanent fix we are all looking for. I'll keep you guys UPDATED. THANKS AGAIN.

userhb4p5IKVGt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interesting, I haven't have an ACR app. But with my new S7 Edge. The latest time it happened, it was while sound was playing the background (a podcast). Then I used speak to text to Google something. And then the sound from Google's automated sound started crackling and so did the podcast. And the sound continued to crackle/distort constantly for all apps and all sound. The only thing that stops it is to restart the phone. But it's BS that I have to do this quite often on a brand new phone. If there's any better solutions than the safe mode or anything like that let me know please.

userGwCgU2AMGo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems who are having sound issues are Marshmallow users, has someone tried to update the phone to Nougat?

I suposse If the problem persists in Nougat after the update, it means probably a hardware issue?

userQzIGX4wFfL
Constellation

Re: Samsung galaxy s7 edge sound distortion and cuts in and out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hopefully this is the fix I tried all your Solutions except resetting the phone because I knew it wouldn't work. The last one I did was I went to Advanced features and turned off all except pop-up gestures and Quick Camera. Before that I cleared my cache a and deleted all applications were giving me trouble. If this is it Samsung should have contacted all the carriers to provide that fix so disappointed in Samsung hope this helps I know how frustrating it can be