cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userLrpdAXmXq0
Asteroid

Re: Samsung health can't be open on rooted device

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why? No one's phone is actually broken.  This is a software screw-up on Samsung's end.  They need to fix their idiocy.

@SamsungLarry wrote:

Ire commend taking your device to your nearest UbreakiFix.com. They can usually have your device ready the same day.

Jksamx36
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Definitely a software/firmware issue ever since the latest system update that I updated to on April 19 2019 and gave me android 9.

Quite a few apps are popping up stating my phone is rooted, ever since the update seemed to deactivate my pin to startup and had to reactivate that. Them samsung pass, health, secure folder, and a few others (mostly samsung apps) all state my phone is rooted until I reboot then it's fine for a bit, but, after an overnight it's back to the phantom fake root and have to reboot again.

The only thing I haven't done yet is wipe my phone as I don't feel like having to do all the reinstalls and setup again. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Jksamx36 did you update your device via the phone or did you use smart switch?

Jksamx36
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam  I used the system update on the phone itself; popped up and said there was a system update and I ticked update.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you wiped the cache partition on your device?

userIHifxa3Pqx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I called the Samsung helpline. They were able to resolve the issue. Here are the steps: 1. Settings > Apps > Samsung Health Storage > Clear Cache (I also cleared the data even though they didn't ask me to) 2. Settings > Device Care > Storage > Clean Now 3. Turn off your phone (NOT restart), wait one minute (They really stressed on this), then turn it back on PS: I clicked on the preview before posting it and all the text I wrote was gone. So I had to write it from scratch again. Awful interface!
userIHifxa3Pqx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I called the Samsung helpline. They were able to resolve the issue. Here are the steps: 1. Settings > Apps > Samsung Health Storage > Clear Cache (I also cleared the data even though they didn't ask me to) 2. Settings > Device Care > Storage > Clean Now 3. Turn off your phone (NOT restart), wait one minute (They really stressed on this), then turn it back on PS: I clicked on the preview before posting it and all the text I wrote was gone. So I had to write it from scratch again. Awful interface!
Highlighted
hifialan
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Simply clearing the Samsung Health app data and cache did not work for me. But, when I also followed the instructions above about using Device Care and then restarting my Note 8, it worked.
usermoVK3uh0of
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem is actually not solved!

I have switched from my old S7 Edge (was not rooted at all) to S10 Plus using SmartSwitch. 
All the software on S10 is up to date and no rooting stuff was done, but the SHealth tells me the same thing that the phone is rooted.

After doing all the above recommendations - the situation is still the same!

Jksamx36
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I gave up on it and completely wiped my device and did a fresh start. Low and behold after all the apps are installed and updated it was fine for about two days then "pow" started happening again with the Samsung pass app, health and a couple other apps. So it's either Verizon mucking with things or it's a Samsung software issue. Regardless it needs addressed.