JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung internet-screen flashing/blinking when I do a search

(Topic created on: 4/26/20 12:26 AM)
Justagurl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I hope I'm doing this right & sorry if I'm not. Anywho, my S8+ screen has started to flash/blink maybe 3-5 times on Samsung internet and nowhere else or at any other time. When I go to Samsung internet I type in my question and as soon as I hit enter/search that's when it flashes between quick access and the last tab I was just on.

The only thing I can think of that could possibly be a factor would be the fact that I recently installed Kaspersky on the device.

I'm not 100% sure but it seems like maybe it started slow or doing maybe only 1 or 2 flashes and seems to be flashing more times than initially.

I don't know if I did the whole question thing the right way and if I did I apolagize but I'd like to add that I am not in any way a technology buff of any sort and likely never will be so please bear with me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tonex713
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You may have to go to app permissions and clear cache and storage. Honestly, Chrome works best for all of my browsing needs. You can also give that a try.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Tonex713
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You may have to go to app permissions and clear cache and storage. Honestly, Chrome works best for all of my browsing needs. You can also give that a try.

View solution in context

Justagurl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Clearing the app cache does seem to take care of the problem temporarily anyway. I've used Samsung internet for a long time and have never had this issue. Upon clearing the app cache the problem does go away but it needs to be done periodically or it comes back so until and if I come across a more permanent fix that seems to be the best way to take care of the problem. Thank you for your help:smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Justagurl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just an update, I had been going under settings, selecting Samsung Internet and clearing the app cache which would temporarily take care of the problem but it would keep coming back after a bit. The app has since updated and the problem seems to be gone completely at this point. I have no clue what caused it or exactly what resolved it, just glad it's fixed.