cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nn9
Asteroid

Samsung pay and walmart

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a S6 Edge+ and my Samsung pay always fails when I try to use it in Walmart. Does anyone else have the same issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Samsung pay and walmart

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, he did say Samsung Pay, so that means his phone does have MST available. (Magnetic Secure Transmission) 

Actually, I use my S7 Edge In Walmart about twice a week and don't have a problem. My only issue seems to be with a few terminals in Lowe's. I shop there enough to know which ones are buggy so it's not too bad of an issue.

Sent from my Unlocked S10+ G975U1. Hopefully better than my famously UNSUPPORTED SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 EDGE (SM-G935U).

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
tzeench
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Walmart wants you to use their 'Walmart Pay' and have disabled NFC at the majority of their stores (their way or the highway senario).  So unless they change their minds (unlikely) or you happen to have a Samsung phone which can transmit to the magnetic readers, it will fail.

I personally think this is a poor choice by Walmart, but I'm sure it's all about the bottom line and not the customer, like it should be.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, he did say Samsung Pay, so that means his phone does have MST available. (Magnetic Secure Transmission) 

Actually, I use my S7 Edge In Walmart about twice a week and don't have a problem. My only issue seems to be with a few terminals in Lowe's. I shop there enough to know which ones are buggy so it's not too bad of an issue.

Sent from my Unlocked S10+ G975U1. Hopefully better than my famously UNSUPPORTED SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 EDGE (SM-G935U).

View solution in original post

nn9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are correct, I think the issues was with some sepecific terminal. It worked in other terminal.

user58XDRNPnpK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an s7edge +. I never have been able to use it at Wal-Mart. What us that mst and how do u enable it. 

Thanks 

userZPCuqOQKqf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At Walmart in St Louis, I used note 8 w/BOA debit, it asked if I wanted cash back... then my pin... went through 1st time. Awesome phone! Too bad they're not US made.

ComingAtya
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is that

why I have the option to use Walmart Pay. Odd happenings everytime I walk in Walmart. Stating to see the light.

Highlighted
insomniac
Astronaut

SOLUTION! Samsung pay and walmart

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SOLUTION is, keep back of your phone in the magnetic reader, even if you get the error, wait few seconds, if it doesn't work, move your phone slightly downwards and hold the position. I'm 100% certain it will work. One more thing, DO NOT enter any PIN! Even if you get prompt, select "change/other payment" in the touch screen (Walmart self checkout), then select "Credit". Thats it!

userlv580TLBIK
Constellation

Re: SOLUTION! Samsung pay and walmart

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I paid at the regular terminal (not self-checkout). The WM employee said there is a security code error and won't process the checkout. I have to use the card to finish the purchase. However, my Credit Card (used with SS pay) has pending charges ... Not sure these charges will go away or not. I tried several times (3 times). I'm afraid to use this again. I don't want to call CC company to dispute all the charges.
user0sYJvv0xZG
Asteroid

Re: SOLUTION! Samsung pay and walmart

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I regularly receive the same invalid security code error at Wal-Mart.  My most recent transaction took 4 tries before it finally approved.  My account shows 4 authorizations for the transaction amount, but my experience is that the extra authorizations drop off the card in about a week and the transaction posts correctly.  In discussions with the credit card company, they say they are receiving a charge (which they approved) and an immediate cancel/credit from Wal-Mart and they claim that the problem is an incompatibility with Wal-Mart's system.  My advice is to be sure you are holding your phone thin-side toward you against the side of their card reader and keep trying until it's either approved or you run out of patience.