cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung pay not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was already forced to switch from my Note 7 and I did not like that, to this S7 Edge and the main reason I stayed with Samsung and did not get the LG v20 was Samsung pay and that's not working. I cannot verify my account . The fingerprint verification is not working and the enter the pin option is not working either. what is going on Samsung ??!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dphillips79
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung pay not working - factory reset your device recommended

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I've just done a factory reset on my device after having the Samsung Pay app not working on my S7 Edge. 

Steps I took:

* uninstall updates on Samsung Pay Framework (found in applications) clear the cache and click the 3 dots to unisntall updates

* uninstall updates on Samsung Pay (found in applications) clear the cache

* do not uninstall the Samsung Pay app from the play store. Don't do anything for the Samsung Pay app from the play store, unless you are a Verizon customer (this is per the Samsung Pay support team.)

*backed up everything I wanted or needed using Google back up/sync and Samsung backup. I did this 17 million times becuase I'm paranoid lol. I did move pics and stuff onto my laptop just incase...used my SIM card and stuff like that. I'm sure I did way to much - but I had no issues lol.

*removed my SamsungID account from the phone. (not sure if this was needed or not.)

*did a factory reset from settings, not the boot menu

*S7 Edge resets....answer all of the prompts. Entered my Google email and SamsungID info

Phone went through the normal processes.

When I got back to the Samsung Pay app, the update was 69MB. When I was having the issues, the update was only 35MB. So I guess just make sure your update size is 69MB, if it's not, you probably aren't getting the full update so the app is freezing at the fingerprint verification stage.

Those are the steps I took and I'm all set!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

S7 Edge on T-Mobile effective 11/5/16.
Turned in my awesome Note 7 V2 Smiley Sad
SM-R765T

View solution in original post

63 REPLIES 63
Cored
Constellation

Re: Samsung pay not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact thing is going on with my s7edge!  Samsung please fix

Pallavid9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same..!!unable to complete the finger print verification process.. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Even that didn't help.

Ibelieve1968
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also having the same issue

userIwhxYvcZHg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I managed to get my Samsung pay to work by going into the settings, cloud and accounts. Selecting accounts and then logging out of the Samsung account. After doing this I logged back into Samsung and the Pay app started to work! I hope this works for you too Smiley Happy

ImJustSaiyan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue. 

Wish I could keep my Note 7. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too. I want to keep my note 7. Samsung is going to start losing customers . I might end up switching to iPhone or LG v20. I'm not paying 800 dollars for something to blow up the features they boost don't work. 

nnikki21208
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here

scmurphy13
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same. 

GuttaMind
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here, traded my beloved Note7 in last night for the S7 to just hold me over, and I cant get pay to work at all, when i hit "Skip and use Samsung Pay pin" nothing happens, and nothing happens when i place my finger on the fingerprint scanner. Another punch to the face added to everytime I hold this phone and it isnt my Note7. I should have just kept it until the very last day.

Anyways, called Samsung Pay customer support, They see this already being an issue and are working on it, and they'll call me back when fixed. I'm just glad to see it's a universal problem and not just me.