JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung pay rewards gift cards gone?

(Topic created on: 8/12/18 8:36 AM)
usertzjHckJ3hl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Went to purchase some gift cards this morning and that option is completely gone? I've purchased many in the past, but now the entire gift card section is gone? Please tell me your not taking that option away? 

Galaxy S8

234 Replies
LaurieC64
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I moved on to IPhone... No issues here  - pretty disappointing with Samsung though. 

0 Likes
LaurieC64
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Each and everyone of us is entitled to our opinion.   Each and everyone has our reason for using Samsung Pay.  Whether it was temporary, in the terms or use etc, the simplest of emails stating it was ending would have been the courtious thing to do for their users.  You need to get over yourself - sounds to me like an undercover Samsung Employee - you must have a lot of time on your hands to pick apart so many responses.  Get a life !

Ugly Girl Dance
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@LaurieC64 wrote:

Each and everyone of us is entitled to our opinion.   Each and everyone has our reason for using Samsung Pay.  Whether it was temporary, in the terms or use etc, the simplest of emails stating it was ending would have been the courtious thing to do for their users.  You need to get over yourself - sounds to me like an undercover Samsung Employee - you must have a lot of time on your hands to pick apart so many responses.  Get a life !

Says the person who spent Christmas arguing with someone online. Samsung doesn't have undercover employees, that would be a waste of money just like the rewards program was. This is a business not a gift card charity. You could try your local food shelf to get free stuff. 

0 Likes
LaurieC64
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Apparantly no glitch - they took it away from the loyal users without the thought of an email or any type of notice.  Your points are now for contest entries that no one wins or codes to use on their site and those codes expire at the end of 2018.  Pretty lame.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCat
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We are dedicated to delivering an engaging experience for our users through Samsung Rewards and are constantly evaluating and evolving our services. Redeeming Samsung Rewards points for Rewards gift cards is no longer available, following recent changes to the service. You can still find great instant-win opportunities and deals through Samsung Rewards. If you have any further questions, please contact us directly at 1-844-726-7297 for assistance.

View solution in context

userNZGpap6LSe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You completely and instantly devalued my Samsung Pay points as useless. At least you could have announced a cutoff and you wouldn't have SO MANY ticked off customers. I don't need Samsung to monitor my payment transactions if they don't care to keep rewards. You just opened the door for Google Pay to be better. I'm out.

userSstntSSMxy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Agreed, if they had at least announced it. Without announcing it, I have saved up and now not able to purchase what I wanted. Dont think I will continue to use if the rewards are a moving target.

userFjnxXkoWNi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Completely agree. Only reason I used samsung pay was for the rewards. Now that they removed the Visa gift cards there is no reason for me to use the service anymore. Now all it does is let samsung see what I'm buying and sell that info to 3rd parties.

useri34H7HCTlv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes the only reason I was loyal was to try and get a gift card. I've never reached that point so now I'm mad. 

userI6MFq21f6k
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I totally agree, I am out too. I get better home depot I integration and automatic coupons applied with android pay. Bye Samsung, was fun while it lasted.