JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung pay rewards gift cards gone?

(Topic created on: 8/4/18 6:07 AM)
usertzjHckJ3hl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Went to purchase some gift cards this morning and that option is completely gone? I've purchased many in the past, but now the entire gift card section is gone? Please tell me your not taking that option away? 

Galaxy S8

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCat
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We are dedicated to delivering an engaging experience for our users through Samsung Rewards and are constantly evaluating and evolving our services. Redeeming Samsung Rewards points for Rewards gift cards is no longer available, following recent changes to the service. You can still find great instant-win opportunities and deals through Samsung Rewards. If you have any further questions, please contact us directly at 1-844-726-7297 for assistance.

View solution in context

234 Replies
user5pf7FKzxjj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Agreed, I see the same thing for the month of August.  Hopefully this is a temporary glitch, Samsung pay. 

userx2vCYzpT2d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I talked to customer care and they said that they have discontinued the Visa Rewards Gift Cards.

Dwillie33617
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's official #SAMSUNG is the worse!

userA4kwfbOhey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Theres no point then!

I used the cards when I had nothing left...

Only reason to use Samsung Pay in my opinion 

JustinChapman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Good job wasting my time Samsung, I was going to buy a giftcard and use it but this is a surprise. Now, the only thing offered are store credits to Samsung's website. The rest of the offers are to services I don't and for the most part, can't even practically utilize. Thanks Samsung...

FAUguy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

One of the features I liked about my S8 was using Samsung Pay and earning points. I've redeemed it a few times for Visa Gift Cards to use in stores. But now with all gift cards being removed, I have no reason to use Samsung Pay. It is actually faster just to use my Visa card (Chip or Swip) than to unlock my phone, open Samsung Pay, select the card, enter PIN and hope it works.

Now I have even less of a reason to get a newer model next year.

LaurieC64
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Count me in.  I am complaining to the attorney general and BBB about not honoring my wareanty on my Gear 2 then returning it with a missing strap.  They could have at least text or emailed us bedore their "change" of service.  SMH...

user8d5FUjxxoF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am heart broken about thisd. I used to rely on that option mostly because the other items are not that useful.

Ugly Girl Dance
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user8d5FUjxxoF wrote:

I am heart broken about thisd. I used to rely on that option mostly because the other items are not that useful.

Yeah, I will miss the gift cards too, but you just said the other options were not that useful to you. This tells me that you think the only use of Samsung Pay is to get free gift cards. But obviously that's not what Samsung had in mind when it designed the payment system. It has security advantages and it's much more convenient to pay with your phone. They threw in some gift card rewards to attract more users, but ultimately, it was just a promotion that cost them a lot of money. 

0 Likes