JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung pay rewards gift cards gone?

(Topic created on: 8/4/18 6:07 AM)
usertzjHckJ3hl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Went to purchase some gift cards this morning and that option is completely gone? I've purchased many in the past, but now the entire gift card section is gone? Please tell me your not taking that option away? 

Galaxy S8

JUMP TO SOLUTION
234 Replies
Silenthightimes
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yep, thought I was saving up points for cash just noticed everything expired and no gift cards anymore, I'm out! I wont be purchasing Samsung anymore I have lost hundreds due to this.

0 Likes
userO7i4KzREyg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is bologna everyone needs to go to samsung pay app and rate them a 1 star.  They need to know that this is not the right thing to do.

userc6kshjdpKc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I live in Hawaii, and now they say they only ship to continental US.... 'Hawaii is limited' 

What can I do with the points?

Enter a drawing to win more points I can't use?

Please reconsider the point of view of your customers...  please.

userjq8nU159ix
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not only that, when you redeem for Samsung Gift cards, 5 or 10 dollars only, you don't find out until you attempt to make a purchase on the Samsung website that you can only use 1 gift card at a time. Total scam. 

Kakasho
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I doubt Samsung is listening, but as someone who ranted and raved about SamsungPay now I hate it. I ONLY used the app because of these cards and now I never use it anymore. It is just not worth the HASSLE when ALl the current rewards are terrible. Samsung finds new ways to disappoint each day.

userup734b9nuh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes!!!
0 Likes
user7r70h0pRMI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for clarifying. Now I know that I no longer have any reason to us Samsung Pay, since working towards gift cards was the one and only reason I fought with it at merchant after merchant.

userwx4mGQ8851
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I completely agree. For me, the incentive behind opting to use Samsung pay and even promoting among with my friends abd colleagues was the gift card option. Also, as someone that works in financial services, I would coach my sales force to promote the gift card portuon of the rewards. This is a huge disincentive and feels akin to a bait and switch!! Bring back the gift cards!!

MaxSmart
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Well put, we were indeed getting paid to educate merchants about Samsung pay, which they didnt do themselves, causing it to be a fight with the clerk every time we tried to use it. Between that and the need to re-activate it every 15 seconds while trying to use it (versus always-on for other NFC payment apps), I won't bother with samsung pay anymore. Since Samsung pay was my only reason for sticking to Samsung phones, the samsung store cards are useless. Double whammy.
LaurieC64
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Agreed. I have hit FB and will continue to do so.  I had just achieved points for a card when I discovered they took away the option.  #Done with Samsung.

0 Likes