cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Samsung pay update causing issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung pay stopped allowing me on my note 8 to authenticate via either biometrics or pin. For me it was Saturday after I accepted an update. Chat and phone support have been off no help and seem to be clueless to the connection.  They now say I need to go to best buy reflash my phone. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung pay update causing issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userG9OG1kefyH; Thank you for sharing your solution!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the exact same issue. Tried to pay and it wouldn't recognize fingerprint or wouldn't initialize pin entry. Removed the app and reinstalled, but to no avail.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've contacted samsung pay and they said it is due to the latest update for my s9+. They walked me through every troubleshooting step and nothing still. I have a ticket submitted and will have to wait for an update to either the app or the phone. 

So, as of 09:40 CT short answer, theres no fix for it yet. 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue on my note 8. Samsung has not been helpful so far so if anyone found any solution please let us know. 

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mind giving this a shot?

Go to:

• Settings
  • Apps
  • 3 Dots
  • Show System Apps
  • Samsung Pay
  • Force Stop
  • Clear Cache
  • Clear Data
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did all of that several times with samsung support a few days ago. Then they connected to my phone and did again. Then they had me call samsung pay support and they had me do it again. And had me uninstall then reinstall the app. After nothing was resolved they said I should go to best buy to have my phone reflashed. I'm not sure what that would do since this began after the app updated, and I won't be able to go to best until maybe next week. No best buy near me. 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did all that several times. Still not working. I think there is nothing to do but to wait for the next update. My phone is unlocked. I read somewhere the issue is mainly among users of factory unlocked phones... I'm giving up and just waiting for the next update on the app. Bummer. 

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely understand. Please keep us updated on the issue. 

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A reflash will reload the current software just in case there was a glitch with the original download. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Galaxy 7 - same thing

Stopped working after Oreo update.  Have done all the troubleshooting steps except a factory reset.  Lack of response from Samsung is discouraging.  They don't even acknowledge that they know what the issue is, nor that they are working on it.  The samsung reps I've talked to are unhelpful. just keep repeating the same steps and end with "do a factory reset". Hopefully Samsung will give their support reps a new script to read from about this issue. 

I've completly given up on Samsung Pay.  It was a beautiful app.  But lack of support from Samsung and lack of acknowledgment that there is even a problem is truly disappointing.