Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
useru75qweRE3s
Constellation

Samsung pay wont go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I keep getting prompted for an app i have no desire to use. How do I permenantly disable Samsung Pay so that it stops ruining my user experience. I do not want to hear about what you think is good about this app. I want instructions on how to keep it from showing up at the bottom of my screen and blocking what I intended to do when i opened my device.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userYnZjvYu2Dn
Constellation

Re: Samsung pay wont go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a solution! Well, it worked for me, anyway, on my S7, to get rid of the grey bar thing.

I started seeing the stupid little grey bar thing at the bottom of my screen this morning, and was determined to get rid of it. Here are the steps that I followed: I don't know whether all are necessary, but I've included them all, just in case.

First, I went through ALL the Samsung bloatware (in Settings > Apps) and tried the following:

1) Uninstall

2) Where uninstall wasn't possible, I disabled the app and removed all permissions, including 'Apps that can appear on top' and Apps that can change system settings'

3) Where disabling wasn't possible, I removed all permissions as in step 2 and made sure to uninstall updates (there's a drop-down menuin the app's settings, three dots at top-right).

I probably restarted a few times, too.

This did NOT get rid of the bar.

But...

When I restarted, the bar was still there. So I opened it up and it immediately asked me to allow a couple of permissions, in order to proceed. In desperation, I did so and was presented with a screen asking me to update to the latest version (because I'd uninstalled all the updates) -- but more importantly, in small grey text it had an option along the lines of "Don't remind me about this again". I clicked it, and...voila, the bar was gone. It's been half a day now and it hasn't returned.

For full disclosure, I use a custom launcher -- Smart Launcher 5 -- but I don't think this is a factor.

I hope this helps someone.

46 REPLIES 46
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @useru75qweRE3s. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
Try going to Settings>Notifications>Advanced. Then click onSamsung Pay as well as Samsung Pay Framework and disable the notifications for them. That should fix this for you!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user7cebs3MXn2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This won't make the app go away, it just won't bug you as much.  There seems to be no way to get rid of this app. There is no option to disable it, just to Uninstaller updates, which keep coming back. Turning off auto updates in the play store doesn't help either.

usermqZSYQuSqr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

exactly. 

This app has crossed a line I havent seen from any other app. 

usermqZSYQuSqr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung = no other app on my phone gives me unwanted notices or promotions. Please correct this. 

user0GTJimgw4V
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Samsung Pay app is imho breaching the software data protection act in the UK as it automatically resets its permission to use your contacts and other details on the phone WITHOUT your agreement.

Gonna swap my phone for a.n.other based on this sole reason as I feel it is just a big pita to have to keep accessing the background settings to disable all of its settings...every....effing....day...

user0tXTabKztZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes, I am utterly in agreement, I've just bought my third Samsung phone, but am beginning to think that it may be my last if I can't purge my phone of the Samsung Pay app! It is seriously intrusive and spoils what could be a great phone!  Do something about this, Samsung!!!!

usertOkr5fFWax
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another unhappy Samsung customer here.  Likely to be my last Samsung device.

The latest automatic update of Samsung Pay now causes it to pops up every time I unlock my phone (S6).  I can't access any settings, as it prompts me to accept their Terms of Service, which I do not want to do.

I have tried to Uninstall Updates from the settings app, which worked fine for a while, but then it automatically updated to the latest version again, and I have the same problem.

So it looks like I have to turn off automatic updates to be rid of this thing.

usercL9IVXlXEl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried this, and notifications for both Samsung Pay & Samsung Pay Framework ARE set to off.

Annoyingly, I still get the SP "Availabile here" notification every time I walk into a local grocery store.

More suprisingly, neither Samsung Pay or Pay Framework have permission to access location services!!!???

You guys need to fix this. If there's no way to at least disable the app (preferably uninstall it), this is the last Samsung device I'm purchasing (and it's my third already, over the years).

usermqZSYQuSqr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung = please correct this issue.