cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spazticus
Asteroid

Samsung's SMS Messages app keeps moving my cursor to the beginning of the text message

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you ever seen this?

I'm often entering an SMS message when my cursor gets reset to the begginning of the message.  It's weird, and will chop in half whatever word I was in the middle of typing so the rest starts the sentence, so that last sentence would probably look something like this:

"Eset to the begginning of the messageI'm often entering an SMS message when my cursor gets r"

It acts as if I had a keyboard "Home" button that gets randomly hit by the OS, and can happen any time while typing.  Only happens in the Messages app, and only since the latest OS update.  Has anyone seen something like this, know of a workaround, or thread about it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung's SMS Messages app keeps moving my cursor to the beginning of the text message

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend calling 1-800-SAMSUNG. You may be able to get someone to remote into your device to see what is happening.

7 REPLIES 7
Spazticus
Asteroid

Re: Samsung's SMS Messages app keeps moving my cursor to the beginning of the text message

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone at least know where I can get support from Samsung about this?  It seems they just want users to rely on the community, which is obviously hit and miss.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried force stopping the messages app and clearing the cache and data?

Spazticus
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't forced anything, but I regularly reboot and have cleared my phone's cache many times.  I'm not about to clear any data that risks losing my text history, though.

userN6GEHQGBw8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wish Samsung would recognize this as an actual issue and not just ask us to forceclose the app and clear cache.

Aside from many S10 users, my Note9 did this and now my Note10 plus is doing it too.

It's a bug in the stock messaging app for sure. 

Spazticus
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can anyone direct me to where I can get support for this directly from Samsung?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend calling 1-800-SAMSUNG. You may be able to get someone to remote into your device to see what is happening.

Spazticus
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, man!