cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung's SMS Messages app keeps moving my cursor to the beginning of the text message

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you ever seen this?

I'm often entering an SMS message when my cursor gets reset to the begginning of the message.  It's weird, and will chop in half whatever word I was in the middle of typing so the rest starts the sentence, so that last sentence would probably look something like this:

"Eset to the begginning of the messageI'm often entering an SMS message when my cursor gets r"

It acts as if I had a keyboard "Home" button that gets randomly hit by the OS, and can happen any time while typing.  Only happens in the Messages app, and only since the latest OS update.  Has anyone seen something like this, know of a workaround, or thread about it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung's SMS Messages app keeps moving my cursor to the beginning of the text message

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend calling 1-800-SAMSUNG. You may be able to get someone to remote into your device to see what is happening.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung's SMS Messages app keeps moving my cursor to the beginning of the text message

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone at least know where I can get support from Samsung about this?  It seems they just want users to rely on the community, which is obviously hit and miss.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried force stopping the messages app and clearing the cache and data?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't forced anything, but I regularly reboot and have cleared my phone's cache many times.  I'm not about to clear any data that risks losing my text history, though.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wish Samsung would recognize this as an actual issue and not just ask us to forceclose the app and clear cache.

Aside from many S10 users, my Note9 did this and now my Note10 plus is doing it too.

It's a bug in the stock messaging app for sure. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is also happening to my S8 sence an update happened about a month ago or less. This is bugging me to death. They need to get an Hotfix done for it and give us a new update.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can anyone direct me to where I can get support for this directly from Samsung?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend calling 1-800-SAMSUNG. You may be able to get someone to remote into your device to see what is happening.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, man!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with my Note 9, after one of their updates. I've now been dealing with this for more than two months, with Samsung and T-mobile. T-moile replaced my phone twice with a warranty exchange. I've also had my second phone reflashed via UbreakitIfix, an Authorized Samsung service center. This was done at the request of Samsung and T-mobile. I just recently picked up my third phone from T-mobile. And it also does the same thing. The cursor jumping back to the beginning of the text seems to happen more in the morning. Which can happen more than five times in one sentence. Samsung wanted me to send them my phone for repair, which could take ten days, possibly more. I use my phone for my business and use it for the security of my home. So that option was unacceptable. Moreover, I must say I have had better luck with T-mobile customer service than Samsung's support. And, this is a Samsung issue. The only resolution I have found is to replace the messaging app with that of Goggle. I don't have to use Google's keyboard as I've tested Googles' keyboard and it does the same thing with Samsung's message app. I will leave it this way until I can be assured that Samsung will patch this understated issue with their newest phones. However, due to my history, I have no confidence in such an outcome. The Google messenger app seems just as capable, but I do have questions about its security.