Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userG2AXmcDMPB
Constellation

Samsung s5 Bluetooth disconnection

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

My s5 is having issues staying connected to a Bluetooth device.

I will have it paired, it will work fine fit about 3-4 minutes. Then it will disconnect, and I can't pair it again fit an hour or so.

I reset my phone, I have cleared the Bluetooth cache and data, removed the paired devices, and gone into safe mode.

Safe mode send to work with bluetooth connecting fit longer. However there isn't a music app to use to determine if it is data transfer that is the problem, or something else.

I have gone into application permissions, but there isn't a spot for Bluetooth when I an in safe mode.

I do have the latest update before marshmallow was released...

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
userG2AXmcDMPB
Constellation

Re: Samsung s5 Bluetooth disconnection

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I work for Walgreens and have had the application installed for 2 years on this current phone, and my previous s5.

I never had an issue with that program, but it did have a recent update to it. So I removed the application from my phone, and almost 2 hours later my Bluetooth is still connected to my headphones without an issue.

Looks like Walgreens was indeed the culprit. I'm going to miss the application as I used it to help customers locate products.

Thank you so much!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like Safe Mode may have been on to something, even though it's tough to tell since you don't have access to your music applications while in it. That being the case, it very well could be a third party application causing interruptions with your Bluetooth device/s. We saw a string of this happening with other User's here on the boards, where the culprit was their Walgreens application. Can't say for sure what the root cause behind it was, but disabling that application fixed up that disconnecting problem right away.

So if you could remember some of those third party applications that you recently installed, try uninstalling/disabling them to see if you can pinpoint if one of them is causing those disconnects.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Highlighted
userG2AXmcDMPB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I work for Walgreens and have had the application installed for 2 years on this current phone, and my previous s5.

I never had an issue with that program, but it did have a recent update to it. So I removed the application from my phone, and almost 2 hours later my Bluetooth is still connected to my headphones without an issue.

Looks like Walgreens was indeed the culprit. I'm going to miss the application as I used it to help customers locate products.

Thank you so much!

View solution in original post

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What a crazy coincidence, you working there and everything! I know you can send in an e-mail to the app developers from the Play Store page at the bottom. I've recommended to almost everyone having to uninstall the app, to report their findings and what it was doing, that way maybe a new update can be pushed as soon as possible. Wouldn't want you to be without an an application you deem useful for too long, but I am happy to hear your Bluetooth is working fine now. Oh! And you're very welcome of course.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

P-Nutz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you SO much! I've been desperately trying to fix this for days and your solution was absolutely spot on! 👍😊

user5ZYQT7yfFM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been having the same issue and I have the Walgreens app. I went to the app setting and there was a slide to turn Bluetooth on to get store notifications. Once I did that, my Bluetooth went on and stayed connected. I now have Bluetooth and the Walgreens app (still).. 😁 ... for now....