cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChubbySpiky23
Constellation

Samsung weather widget - minor suggestion for improvement

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I own an AT&T S8 and have the Weather widget (3x3) on my Home screen. I resized the widget to 3x2 to save some screen asset and make it work with my background picture.

Having a smaller widget makes tapping the refresh button, albeit still the same size, a hit-or-miss experience. I'd say 50% of the time it will take me to the weather app when I actually just want to refresh the widget. It's a bit frustrating.

To my understanding, tapping on the widget only does 2 things: opening the Weather app or refreshing it (if hit on Refresh icon). Since tapping virtually anywhere on the widget, outside of the refresh icon, will take us to the app, can you developers help increase the hit box of the refresh icon so people without abnormally tiny fingers like me can refresh the widget without accidentally being taken to the app?

Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung weather widget - minor suggestion for improvement

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @ChubbySpiky23

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to pass that one along for you to our engineers.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @ChubbySpiky23

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to pass that one along for you to our engineers.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

ChubbySpiky23
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!

userwUFLSE8ISc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all,

I was looking for an answer to a question and saw this feed. The issue I have is when I tap the icon's refresh button, it doesn't refresh, I have to tap the app to open it up, and then it refreshes. I have the 9+ unlocked. It's set to refresh every 3 hours. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userwUFLSE8ISc have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

userwUFLSE8ISc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I go to Settings, Apps, and the specific weather app, and clear out the data, if that's what you mean. It didn't help. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give these steps a try to wipe the cache partition: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys
  4. Once in Android recovery mode use the volume keys to scroll to wipe cache partition and press the power key to select