cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaitlin
Constellation

Sasung Galaxy S7 Active New Software Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Samsung galaxy s7 active and this past Friday my phone did an  software update and it completely  messed up my facebook messenger. when I go to send pictures on facebook messenger to people it wont allow me. It says error loading media and I click on the gallery and it says couldn't load photo or videos. (my phones been like this for 4 days now) I went to at&t about it and they couldn't figure it out so they said to talk to you guys about it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userJQ1LwXnFYG
Constellation

Re: Sasung Galaxy S7 Active New Software Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I chatted Samsung Support.  Basically, I had to backup my phone to my PC using Smart Switch and then do a factory restore on my phone.  I then restored the backup and now I can upload photos in FB Messenger.  I copied and pasted the conversation I had with Samsung Support......

6:52pm
After installing software updates on my Galaxy S7 yesterday, when I attempt to upload a picture in Facebook Messenger, I get "Error Loading Media". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling FB Messenger, but this did not help. I saw in the Samsung Community General Discussion that several others are having the same problem https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/General-Discussion/Sasung-Galaxy-S7-Active-New-Software-Update/m...

I have the Samsung galaxy s7 active and this past Friday my phone did an software update and it completely messed up my facebook messenger. when I go to send pictures on facebook messenger to people it wont allow me. It says error loading media and I click on the gallery and it says couldn't load .....
us.community.samsung.com
Hi, Ken. Thanks for contact us. I apologize for that experience. If you already tried that step, we can recommend you to restart the Gallery app. Please, go Settings>Apps>Tap Gallery> Storage>Clear Data. Try again and let me know how it goes. ^Nando

Will that delete all my pictures from Gallery?

No, your information will remain there. ^Nando

Clearing Data in Gallery app did not work either. I still get Error Loading Data in FB Messenger.

We will clear your device cache partition. This will perform a deep clean up of junk files that might remain on the phone after a software update. Follow the steps below: - Ensure the device is powered off. - Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Up button + Home button+ Power button until recovery booting appears in the upper-left part of the screen. - Using volume down or up to move and power key to select, choose wipe cache partition. - Select Yes - Allow several seconds for the clear cache to complete. - Select reboot system now, test to see if the issue still. ^Nando

That didn't work either. Still get Error Loading Media.

Unfortunately, you might need a Factory Data Reset. This will remove all data from the phone, including pictures, contacts, applications, etc. If you want to back up your information, you can download Smart Switch to your PC or Mac by visiting https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch. Once you are ready, let me know. ^Nando

Ok, I backed up my phone to my PC using Smart Switch

Great! Now we will continue with the next step. Touch Settings> General Magagment>Reset> Factory Data Reset. The device will reboot and you will need to go through the initial setup. Once you finish the process you can restore the information from Smart Switch. I will be here waiting to continue assisting you. ^Nando

10:35pm
That appears to have fixed it. Thanks for your help 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
userZxKyhA6o7F
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Mine updated yesterday and is doing the exact same thing. Any help is appreciated. 

usernJB1avYeJA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happening to my s7 active and I've also noticed my phone has slowed down.

userJQ1LwXnFYG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem after installing the software updates yesterday.  I tried uninstalling FB Messenger and reinstalling it.  Did not help.  I found a couple of videos and YouTube and tried what they suggested but neither recommendation worked.

userJQ1LwXnFYG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I chatted Samsung Support.  Basically, I had to backup my phone to my PC using Smart Switch and then do a factory restore on my phone.  I then restored the backup and now I can upload photos in FB Messenger.  I copied and pasted the conversation I had with Samsung Support......

6:52pm
After installing software updates on my Galaxy S7 yesterday, when I attempt to upload a picture in Facebook Messenger, I get "Error Loading Media". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling FB Messenger, but this did not help. I saw in the Samsung Community General Discussion that several others are having the same problem https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/General-Discussion/Sasung-Galaxy-S7-Active-New-Software-Update/m...

I have the Samsung galaxy s7 active and this past Friday my phone did an software update and it completely messed up my facebook messenger. when I go to send pictures on facebook messenger to people it wont allow me. It says error loading media and I click on the gallery and it says couldn't load .....
us.community.samsung.com
Hi, Ken. Thanks for contact us. I apologize for that experience. If you already tried that step, we can recommend you to restart the Gallery app. Please, go Settings>Apps>Tap Gallery> Storage>Clear Data. Try again and let me know how it goes. ^Nando

Will that delete all my pictures from Gallery?

No, your information will remain there. ^Nando

Clearing Data in Gallery app did not work either. I still get Error Loading Data in FB Messenger.

We will clear your device cache partition. This will perform a deep clean up of junk files that might remain on the phone after a software update. Follow the steps below: - Ensure the device is powered off. - Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Up button + Home button+ Power button until recovery booting appears in the upper-left part of the screen. - Using volume down or up to move and power key to select, choose wipe cache partition. - Select Yes - Allow several seconds for the clear cache to complete. - Select reboot system now, test to see if the issue still. ^Nando

That didn't work either. Still get Error Loading Media.

Unfortunately, you might need a Factory Data Reset. This will remove all data from the phone, including pictures, contacts, applications, etc. If you want to back up your information, you can download Smart Switch to your PC or Mac by visiting https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch. Once you are ready, let me know. ^Nando

Ok, I backed up my phone to my PC using Smart Switch

Great! Now we will continue with the next step. Touch Settings> General Magagment>Reset> Factory Data Reset. The device will reboot and you will need to go through the initial setup. Once you finish the process you can restore the information from Smart Switch. I will be here waiting to continue assisting you. ^Nando

10:35pm
That appears to have fixed it. Thanks for your help 🙂

View solution in original post

Garp70
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a S8 and since the new update My phone constantly losing connection to the network. 

user4GkU8jONno
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife and myself are so tired of the updates to our Samsung S7  and Gear.  The updates have caused nothing but confusion and fustration.  Battery time has gotten shorter.  We own 2 S7's, one gear, 2 tv's and a washer and dryer, all Samsung. 

When we get new phones they will not be Samsung.  We will think twice before purchasing any other Samsung products.  Enough is enough.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Kaitlin and friends Hi. I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with the software update. However i have a great fix for your problem without having to lose any data or anything. Download Smart Switch fro your PC/Mac. Now update smart switch on your Samsung S7 to be able to connect your device to Smart Switch on your PC/Mac. Now that you have updated smart switch on your Samsung, connect your phone to your PC and open the Smart Switch on your PC/Mac. The device will connect and show you your device name. wait a few more seconds and an update button will show shaying : a new update for your device is available" now click update, the update will be directly installed from Samsung as Smart Switch is the Official tool for Samsung devices by Samsung Global. Do not disturb the download process, after the download your phone will switch off and restart and trust me you will love the Oreo latest software to run on you device. after the update you have the bonus of Samsung pay feature installed on your device. 

I do these official updates daily and i love the customer feedbacks as they will not have any uopdate issue for months

user63g99EJM1O
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly the SmartSwitch for windows version of the exe is bugged and the android version also crashes. Not looking too good for Samsung today...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userJQ1LwXnFYG; Thank you for sharing your solution!