Original topic:

Screen Recorder Muting Sound

(Topic created: 09-25-2022 11:49 AM)
NotHughMahn
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Everything I activate the Samsung Screen Recorder, usually on a game, it mutes the sound, and I have to relaunch the game or app to get the sound back. This is really annoying when I am trying to capture something real quick, but all the sound mutes until the app is restarted. This has happened since before OneUI 5.0 Beta, and is not a Beta issue. I do know this has been brought up before, but I want to readress the issue with the Samsung Members team. It doesn't always happen, only 60% of the time.

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (SD)
OneUI 5.0 Beta
5 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Have you double-checked the permissions to make sure they're all enabled? Especially the microphone. Sometimes updates do it or the OS resets permissions when apps aren't used for a while too.
0 Likes
NotHughMahn
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, all the permissions are enabled.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Okay, and just checking, but does this happen when selecting sound mode 'media only' AND "media and mic"? Or just one or the other?
0 Likes
NotHughMahn
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I never use the microphone because I don't want background noise. Only Media.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's fair! But I would recommend that as a test - you see if while mic is on it records media at all during playback? Perhaps in a quiet environment if you can find one these days hehe.

If it works with media+mic but not media+only, you likely have a cache error that just needs to be wiped. You can clear the app cache for Screen Recorder. Then boot to recovery, clear cache (Android cache), optimize apps.

If you don't get media volume while recording in media+mic, you may need to factory reset but hopefully it doesn't come to that as no one wants to do it lol.
0 Likes