Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user0o3oD0U5m1
Asteroid

Screen time out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After a restart the Screen Time Out go's to 0. Have to reset . Started after last update

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user0o3oD0U5m1
Asteroid

Re: Screen time out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turn off the battery saver and problem went away thanks

13 REPLIES 13

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, @user0o3oD0U5m1! That's odd that your time out is changing on its own. What do you have it set to normally and how quickly would you say the screen turns off before you need to reset it? Also, can we have a little more information about your phone? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier. Thanks! Smiley Happy 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @user0o3oD0U5m1! Just wanted to check back in to see if you still needed help. Let me know if you do! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user0o3oD0U5m1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Been out of country
the phone is set for 1 min before time out. It will not change the setting untill the pbone powers off and on. Just found it to reset when coming out of airplane mode. phone model #SM-G920P Sprint. software G920pvpu4dqc

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No worries! Thanks for getting back to me and posting that information. Just so you know, I'll only be online for about 30 more minutes from posting this, but I'll post a few general troubleshooting steps below so you can have a few things to test out while I'm not here over the weekend. Let me know how these go!

• Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  • Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  • Clear Application cache. Instructions are here
  • Clear phone cache. Instructions are here

user0o3oD0U5m1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Every thing has been updated and phone cache has been cleaned what app cache do you think needs to be cleaned? If all, is there a way to do all at once?

As of now time out still returns to "0" after restart

user0o3oD0U5m1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The screen time out is now working when I reboot but still time out resets to "0" when coming out of airplane mode 

user0o3oD0U5m1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
No

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you cleared the phone cache and didn't notice any changes, I wouldn't worry about the app cache right now. Do you have Power Saving mode on by chance? I've read that this could cause some confusion with the time out setting. Also, can you please post a screenshot of your screen time out settings? I just grabbed a similar phone from our lab tech and only saw 15 seconds as the lowest option there. 

user0o3oD0U5m1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20170501-164732.png

Screenshot_20170501-164608.png

Screenshot_20170501-164800.png

Hope this gets thru