Original topic:

Secure Folder - Locked Out - Can't Reset - HELP!!

(Topic created: 05-23-2022 08:02 PM)
userRlQ9TbH2xF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,

I've been using the Secure Folder for almost a year with no issues to save pictures, videos, separate e-mails, apps, search engine, notes, etc. Never a problem. I tried to access today and couldn't get in. I have had the same password the entire time which I don't use anywhere else and no one knows, so I honestly don't know what's going on. After a quick search it looked like I should be able to get in by hitting "Forgot Password" and then resetting my Samsung Password. I did this, reset my Samsung Password and it appeared like the items you would expect got a fresh start; like Samsung Pass, etc. when I go into Secure Folder it is asking me for my Password as if nothing has changed, thus not sure what to do from here.

Thank you for any assistance,

DryGuy

45 Replies
userR4hVMJB7ft
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Peeps, I followed one of the advice here and just clicked 'delete'. I was having the same problem all of you guys were having (my phone threatening to delete my restored data, and asking for password I never set, forgot password button nowhere to be seen) when I transferred data from Galaxy Note to Galaxy S21 Ultra. I was pretty sure i hadn't set any password for secure folder but I still had data kept in my old device so I decided to give that 'delete' button a try. Surprisingly it just let me access the secure folder. Didn't delete anything in there. And it's not asking me for the stupid password that I'd never set in the first place.  So people in my situation - you might give that a try.

0 Likes
userqlTw7S93xv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I figured out a workaround, but it only works in the case of transferring data to a new phone, not a bad software update. If you do have an old phone that you can still access secure folder from, you can enter it, tap the three dot menu, and create a backup of the folder to your Samsung account.  Then on the new phone, tap cancel on the impossible password prompt and then confirm that you want to delete the folder's contents. (Yeah, it actually deleted it for me. Not sure what's happening with the other people's phones where it just solved the problem.) Now you can enter the empty secure folder and restore from backup from the same menu you used to create it on the old phone's secure folder. Creating backups is deprecated for some reason, but restoring from them isn't.

Lastly, I want to echo to any staff reading this thread that the password being asked for definitely isn't a Samsung Account password or a Secure Folder lock password. The requested password may really not exist due to a programming error.

0 Likes
Members_VRMm3eG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I confirm with others that after transferring from a Note 20 to the S21 Ultra, I was asked for a password after setting up a PIN when opening my secure folder. No amount of password attempts prompted me for a reset. When I hit cancel, I was given the option to continue or delete my content. I hit delete, the app closed. I reopened and had access to all my stuff. Simple as that. Trust and believe folks.

0 Likes
Fercho64
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Como recupero pin de carpeta segura, alguien me puede ayudar? Gracias
0 Likes
user9JoPAPl6lu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the exact same issue after transferring phones, spent 2 hours with support and they were at a loss

I clicked delete and had access to everything that i put in there since using the phone, all my old stuff was gone.

Samsung smart transfer doesn't transfer secure folder, and secure folder is not part of samsung back up: you cannot back up smart folder.

I would highly recommend to avoid using it, your data is not safe

0 Likes
absurd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Here to say that hitting delete worked for me. All photos still there and no more prompt for password.
0 Likes