JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Secure folder notification at startup

(Topic created: 11-03-2022 08:52 PM)
Markhoss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When i reboot my phone i will get a notification saying that you must unlock your Secure Folder in order to get notifications from apps inside your Secure Folder.

You cannot clear the notification and it will not go away till you unlock your Secure Folder.

More importantly, you really will not get any notifications from any apps in your Secure Folder unless you do unlock the Secure Folder after reboot. Once you unlock the folder you can go in and out of your phone after that and notifications will come through. But the next time you reboot your phone though you have to unlock your Secure Folder in order to get any future notifications.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S Phones
11-15-2022

Below is the response I received from Samsung. They're not going to change the secure folder notification appearing when we reboot our phones.

"Thank you very much for your feedback.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. This notification is a concept that was recently discussed with the security department to enhance the security of the security folder. Previously, when the device was unlocked after rebooting, it was provided to enable app operation (Notification, etc.) inside the security folder for the convenience of the user, but according to the analysis that this operation may be vulnerable to security of the security folder while the terminal is unlocked, it has been changed to enable app operation inside the security folder only when the user explicitly unlocks the security folder during rebooting. Therefore, if you do not unlock the security folder after rebooting, you will not be able to operate the internal app, so we will provide a guide noti for this. Please understand that this is a measure to strengthen the security of the secure folder, and the notification is displayed only when rebooted, and once released, it does not occur again."

View solution in context

11 Replies
For-You
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So how do you feel about this ?
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I feel great, plus I have nothing to hide so I don't use it so I don't get any notifications at start up
0 Likes
Markhoss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I did not have this issue for years and now it is an annoyance. I use my secure folder but I am thinking of ditching it because of this annoying notification.

Do other Android phones now have this annoying notification when using their secure folder?
Michaelsh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same issue, Galaxy 22 ultra.. Not ONE company I reached out to could resolve this issue
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Enter unlock code
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
We know...we want this notification to stop
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I forced stopped it then hid the folder. It defeats the purpose.
userJ2GUO8WWBL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wholeheartedly agree. This wasn't an issue until Samsung forced an update making this a nuisance. It's like they try to  us off with a current model to "upgrade" to the next phone. Have had multiple Samsung phones but unfortunately other manufacturers aren't amy different

Options
Galaxy S Phones
Well it's only a minor problem