Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userks4596OVC5
Constellation

Secure folder deleted photos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

I've been using the Samsung Secure Folder app  on my S7 Edge for the past week or so, and I had put about 15 pictures of me and friends at the beach inside the app. This was about 2 days ago, and when I went into the folder today, it seemed like it "reset" and told me to make another pattern and pit in fingerprints again, and now the photos are nowhere to be found. Is there any way I could possibly get these pictures back? I didn't delete them, I just left them in the Secure Folder for a couple days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userks4596OVC5
Constellation

Re: Secure folder deleted photos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update:

Although I never found the photos from the Secure Folder app, I managed to install an app called Diskdigger and it successfully found the photos buried somewhere. It is frustrating though how the Secure Folder would seemingly get rid of anything you put in there. Anyway, thanks so much for your help!

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userks4596OVC5

Out of curiosity, have you checked all through the "My Files" section? Normally any files in the Secure Folder aren't backed up (though they could have been before being moved so be sure to check your accounts to see if they were saved anywhere) but it's possible if that features was randomly turned off somehow that they were put either back into your gallery in a weird file or buried somewhere in the My Files section.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userks4596OVC5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update:

Although I never found the photos from the Secure Folder app, I managed to install an app called Diskdigger and it successfully found the photos buried somewhere. It is frustrating though how the Secure Folder would seemingly get rid of anything you put in there. Anyway, thanks so much for your help!

View solution in original post

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problem! Glad to hear that you found them. It's certainly not normal that the Secure folder just disappears like that, which makes it even better that you were able to re-find the lost pictures.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user4AEIFtZ08c
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My secure folder jas just disappeared for no apparent reason. No amount of telling it to appear on the homepage mames any difference. Its just gone? Any ideas

userIjBcbLSEZT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Photos recover

usernff2yGifrh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can u tell me how I restore deleted photos from secure folder without having backup. 

userupUk5iJVK8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have reset my phone now and i dont knw my picture is on secure folder any i reset my s8 plus and it will linked to the samsung account it can be recoverd plz help me

userupUk5iJVK8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Plz help me
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userupUk5iJVK8

If you reset your device without removing those photos from the secure folder so they could backup to a Samsung account or other source, I'm afraid they probably got deleted when the phone was reset.  =/