JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't have root but my secure folder isn't working pls help

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Secure folder

JUMP TO SOLUTION

May I have model details of your concern and the model number of the device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

May I have model details of your concern and the model number of the device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung_rfz1ai8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SM-J337F

Samsung_rfz1ai8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

sorry the first one was wrong

Samsung_rfz1ai8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SM-J327F

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was this device purchased in the US? also, are you getting an error message when you try to use the secure folder? 

Samsung_rfz1ai8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It was purchased in the UK and yes I am getting a error message

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably support for non-US models is very limited. We suggest reaching out to a support team in your area for further assistance. You can do so by using the following link:http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

user9zpPnYFaUB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my phone brand new SM-J327T1 in the US so I want to assume it's not rooted or without it.  When I tap on the secure folder app, the screen changes to that of the unlock screen BUT WITHOUT THE buttons, nor the lock symbol in the bottom corner. 

The apps that are in the secure folder are in my apps list, and I can cahange its notification or permission settings. I still get notifications from the apps in the secure folder, I just can't  access the apps themselves nor the important files... Smiley Sad  I see that in the system app list, a lot of the knox  supplement applications are uninstalled, but i don't know how that happened. i can't enable them nor reinstall. i tried reseting app preferences... blah blah... can anyone help me to enable the login or unlock-ing screen? MUCH APPRECATE

userFcQmlXRxcP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing happened to my J7 NEO.
Here's how I fixed it.

I went to  the Samsung Store account which is an icon in your app page.

Click on that then when you get there search in the search box for SecureFolder.
When you get it click on the button that looks like "refresh", i.e.; a button with a spiral arrow around the icon.
What that does is re-download it onto your phone.
Someone else in another thread said to reset the phone first. I didn't want to do that so I tried this first, and it worked fine.
Good luck!
Note: user5EZ7UaAK60 in the Note 9 thread on this first recommended the part above to me and like I said I just did it without the RESET and it worked fine! Thank goodness for these forums! And people should not recommend nor do hard resets unless NECESSARY!