JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Security Policy prevents use of nfc

(Topic created: 10-01-2020 08:28 AM)
Kristi225
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can no longer use my NFC. When I try to turn it on,  I get the message "Security Policy prevents use of NFC" I was using it just fine, up until this latest update.  

I checked,  my security is up to date.  Someone suggested disabling security and that didn't work either.  The next person suggested I put my phone into safe mode to see if the problem persists.  That I would be able to tell if it's a problem with my phone or a third party app. 

Which leads to my next issue.  My phone will not go into safe mode.  I've tried every way suggested and nothing works.  

I do have developer options unlocked. I figured I'd throw that in, in case it's useful information.  

Thank you for any advice!!

5 Replies
Tseruyah
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That sounds horrible, sorry. Hope someone helps you with this problem.
0 Likes
Kristi225
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks! Me too! I've tried everything that's suggested.  If no one can help me here,  next step is to factory reset my phone and I really don't want to do that.  😫😫😫

Tseruyah
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah that is the worst, its just as bad as moving.
0 Likes
userNAA0dfA0xf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Im facing same issue after new update . Now i cant use my samsung pay without nfc .Why samsung doesnt provide any solution for their mistakes ? .. this is very annoying 

0 Likes
Solution
Kristi225
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was able to fix the issue.  Unfortunately, I had to factory reset my phone.  😪 

Have you tried putting your phone into safe mode? If you can,  you may not have to go to the extreme that I did. 

View solution in context

0 Likes