cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDXVsDkxBnA
Asteroid

Re: Severe lag time on S7 Edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue.  I've cleared cache numerous times and have done a factory reset.  The lag went away for a couple weeks.   But now it's back.  This is my second Samsung phone.  First I had an S7 now I have an S7 edge.  But lagged bad!  This will probably be my last sumsung phone.  Unless until Samsung stops adding unnecessary features to their phones like Bixby.  I like some features of Samsung phones.  But the fluidity of pure Android is better than gimmicky features! 

userZEknxH5INA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Standard answer that doesn't help

Highlighted
Lindzyberry1127
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S7 lags so much too. So disappointed. I used to love my android but it takes forever to open apps up and freezes. I just moved my chip into an old iPhone 6 to see if my service was the issue and it’s not. Now that iPhone makes decent cameras I might just say goodbye to android forever. I read all the tips for troubleshooting and already tried to clear the partition. Safe mode? Checking each individual app.... why for the love of anything do I have to spend this much time on a product to function correctly. 

userZG0YEv5dZv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

An old thread but I thought I'd add this.  

The wife and I got identical S7E's,a couple of years ago, the first time we had the same phone and with the intention of buying the 'best' so it would last at least 3 years. The first issue was it forgetting the fingerprint and pin, locking the phone. Either wait it out and keep trying or do a hard reset which means calling the bank to play 50 questions to get Samsung pay set up again. This was a Sprint model issue that was fixed in an update. We move on to my cracked screen, an oddity since I usually keep my phones pristine with both a case and screen protector. No drop, it cracked while in my pocket. That pretty curved screen is impossible to repair, but it's perfectly usable, so the end result is no residual value. Then came the 'black screen of death', an issue that from my research has plagued many 'S' phones since the S3. Though possible any time, it seems to be related to the GPS, failing during navigation just when it's most needed. No amount of cache cleaning or resets would fix the problem. The final nail in the coffin was the bright vertical pink line on my wife's screen. At first, it would go away if the screen was 'squeezed', but eventually became permanent. Coincidentally, a coworker has a S7E with the same pink line and BSOD issues. We now have a car with Android Auto. Both S7E's were painfully slow to connect (the G7 is near instantaneous) and the same BSOD issue effect it too. During a BSOD, the AA nav screen has you in a place you've never been and tells you to get on the road. The easiest thing to do is to pull over, restart the phone, reconnect and pray it works this time. Any questions why we bought the LG G7 instead of a S9+ this time around ? I do miss Samsung Pay and fast wireless charging, but that's it! Neither S7E, one with a crack, the other a pink line are worth diddly on Ebay and will likely spend a bunch of years in the tech junk box till I recycle them.

useroNbzXaLy3y
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When i try to go to "here" to find instructions, i get a permission denied????

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This should help with safe mode:

1. Turn off the device
2. Now switch your phone back on. Immediately you see the Samsung logo appear on your screen, press and hold the Volume Down key until the phone boots completely to the home screen.
3. You should now see a watermark caption "Safe Mode" at the bottom left corner of your phone screen. This will now disable all 3rd party apps.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @KJ W! I just wanted to check back in to see if those steps helped out. If not, please let the Community know so that they can look into different ideas to help further! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

KJ W
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, SamsungGrant.  Thanks for checking back.  I thought I'd sent a reply a few days ago but see now that it never appeared.  Clearing the app caches didn't help so I followed the directions in the link to clear the phone cache. When I held down the home, volume down, and power keys, I never got the android screen.  Instead, I saw a flashing screen that warned me of the dangers of installing a different OS.  I held down the buttons a little longer and nothing changed.  When I released them, the screen went blank again.  I waited a little to make sure the android wouldn't appear then restarted the phone as usual.  The flashing screen said I could press the volume up key to continue or down key to cancel. I was afraid I'd REALLY screw something up because the link never mentioned this warning so I just stopped messing with it.  Should I have pressed the volume up key?

KJ

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anytime! That would have scared me a bit too if I accidentally got to that screen. Yes, you'll follow the same steps in the link, but be sure to press the Volume Up key this time. When you hold the Volume Down key, that takes you to Download Mode where you can do various things with the firmware. No need for us to go to that screen for this problem! Smiley Happy 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

KJ W
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow! Please have someone check and correct that link! I'll let you know how my phone does after I clear and use it a bit.

KJ