JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sharing Photos from Gallery to MMS failing

(Topic created: 06-14-2021 03:12 PM)
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If I'm in Samsung's Gallery app, select a photo, tap the share icon, and select my texting app (I use Textra but get the same result with Samsung Messages), the share fails -- Textra never comes up, and I see it frozen in recent apps. If I do the exact same thing using Google Photos, it works fine. I have a little better chance of success if I start from the texting app, tap the +, and select a photo, but this only allows for inserting one photo at a time where I can select multiple photos to share from within Gallery. I've tried clearing the caches of Gallery and Textra with no difference. Has anyone else encountered this and found a fix?

Thanks

Dan
Galaxy S21 SM-G991U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You're probably inputting to large of a files to share. Do you get any message pop up during the share before it fails?

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You're probably inputting to large of a files to share. Do you get any message pop up during the share before it fails?

View solution in context

Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The files male be too large to share using native message app.
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You may be right about the file size. I know Textra down-sizes images per my settings, but it looks like it is choking on full resolution. I tried using a photo I captured in full (digital) zoom so that it was 1.5 MB instead of the usual 5 to 6 MB of full resolution, and it worked. I never encountered this before, but this does make sense. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dan
Galaxy S21 SM-G991U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
0 Likes