Original topic:

Should I buy Galaxy S10+ these days?

(Topic created: 12-03-2021 05:46 AM)
axpresbom
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have iPhone X but I'd like to switch back to android as I'm not really a fan of iOS. I don't really want to spend a lot of money on newer versions so I figured I'd buy S10+. I'm based in UK. Would that be a good option for 2022. since S10 is getting one more android update?

0 Likes
11 Replies
Isaiahone
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I would say yes, just don't expect more than 4 hours of screen on time considering the S10's are several years old at this point.
0 Likes
GalaxyMouse
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My S10+ Ceramic White lasts all day with all the battery draining options enabled like AOD, QHD+ display with gaming and other heavy media usage. It could probably honestly last 2 days.
0 Likes
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Why?
Might as well opt for a new midrange ... A series, for example
0 Likes
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Agree.
Shop for an A series phone
0 Likes
Elnegro34
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi my fone been hacked how can I cancel all
0 Likes
dl1762
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Why not get new A series phone it's better than that
0 Likes
Riz_M
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I was an iPhone user since 2009 and didn't like the way Apple treating their customers specially not listening to customers, not allowing Capacity expansion, and taking the featurea away one by one.i.e 3.5. headphone jack, fingerprint scanner etc...
I got my 1st Android S10+ on the release day back in 2019 and I love this phone.
I believe S10 series phones are still good with a caviar, that THIS YEAR WILL BE THE LAST YEAR FOR S10 SERIES PHONES TO GET THE OFFICIAL UPDATES & Security patches from Samsung. (till the 2022 cycle)
Also this is the last S series phone if you want to get a small internal storage paying less and use an SD card. it's shame Samsung is following suit with Apple with their S20, S21 lineup. For me taking the most Valued feature like Storage expansion with SD card on the newer models is a real bummer. Not to mention, removing the Charger from the Box even after posting an Apple roasting ad for not including a charger with iPhone 12.

In short S10 is good if you want 3.5m headphone jack/ SD card expansion Plus a really good discountes price tag. If you don't care about those go for S21. If you wait till Feb S22 launch, S21 will drop as well.
If you decide to get an S10+ make sure to go for the Snapdragon variant if your carrier is supported.
Gera1214
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Id say yes s10+ is a better option than the a series even its only 2 years old.
Chessplayr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have an S10+ and am still getting over 6 hours of screen on time with one charge, up to 7 at times (on harder use days it's a little under 6). This is inline with what it was when it first came out tmk. I've never cared for getting a new midrange over a slightly older flagship, but from what I've seen the A series could very well be worth it depending on your needs