JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Showing a full SMS message in the Samsung Messages app without having to hit 'View All' every time.

(Topic created on: 3/30/18 5:46 PM)
DigbyAU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,

Most of the SMS I recieve don't fit in the Samsung limit without having to hit VIEW ALL > in a conversation view. Is there a way that this could be automatic, I mean, show all of the message in a conversation view without having to VIEW ALL each time?

I'm using a 3rd party app as I can't find a way around the stock version.

Thanks in advance.

D

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTrevor
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, @DigbyAU, there is no way to do this with the default Text messaging app at this time. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

If we can help you with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

77 Replies
Solution
SamsungTrevor
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, @DigbyAU, there is no way to do this with the default Text messaging app at this time. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

If we can help you with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

userup5pul3RaU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello!

Thanks for the answer!

Do you know a time estimate when this will be "fixed"?

SamsungJecca
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userup5pul3RaU We are unable to speculate on future updates, but we will definitely post publicly anytime there is an update to features of the device. 

usere1UYReIg2r
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It would be amazing if this could be fixed ASAP. It is extremely frustrating to have to ask people to screenshot their text messages they sent in order for me to read them.  It is also frustrating for the person you are asking to have to do this. Yes it's not that big of a deal, but considering this wasn't an issue with older models and technology has come so far that this shouldn't even been a problem.

usergPZUfD6P20
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I FULLY agree with this! It is very frustrating that Samsung's message service makes it a big pain for sending a screenshot of a conversation. This needs to be fixed ASAP! Please!

@usere1UYReIg2r wrote:

It would be amazing if this could be fixed ASAP. It is extremely frustrating to have to ask people to screenshot their text messages they sent in order for me to read them.  It is also frustrating for the person you are asking to have to do this. Yes it's not that big of a deal, but considering this wasn't an issue with older models and technology has come so far that this shouldn't even been a problem.

Goodole
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This whole thing could easily be put to bed if Samsung just maned up and just advised that it's never going to happen. Not only this but the lousy halo light they said they were going to provide. Moving from Samsung is th eonly way to handle it becasue they willnot listen to the owners of their product. Just got rid of my Tab A, my new Ipad Pro came in last week. 1 item to go, my phone and an S10e that's sitting in my closet.

uservwLz3T8ZN4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please fix this issue. It is extremely frustrating!! 

user4XZZ5Rvm8B
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This issue is not solved and is pretty annoying. What's happening Samsung?

userBYrFf8WePk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This issue definitely needs to be fixed. I'm using Android Messages now for this reason only .It's so annoying having to click view all. Please fix this Samsung, no one likes it!