Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rolfeus
Asteroid

SideSync Error when making calls in PC

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Edit 1 (5/3/2017) - Put correct PC OS

Hello,

First of all, I love using this app, and that is why I decided to seek assitance regarding an Issue that I am having. If this is not the correct forum for this issue, please move the discussion as needed. Here is some information and the issue description:

Phone: Galaxy S7, Android v7.0

Provider: AT&T (US)

PC: Windows 7 x64 Windows 10 x64

This app was working just fine some months ago, but I noticed recently that I have been getting errors whenever I try to make a call from the PC through sidesync. I am getting a "unable to make calls from PC" message that wasn't there before, and I used to be able to make/receive calls from my PC headset without an issue. I did a little research on my end, and I noticed in the Event Viewer several SideBySide entries with ID 78, with the following details:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\SideSync4\SideSyncBackup.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.15063.0_none_108e4f62dfe5d999.manifest. Component 2: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.15063.0_none_583b8639f462029f.manifest.

I can't recall if this message appeared when the app worked, and I have tried unistalling/reinstalling the app on PC and Android several times. Any information/guidence that the community can provide is appreciated. Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JavaFox
Constellation

Re: SideSync Error when making calls in PC

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok guys, I think I can help some of you.

I got the same error - "unable to make a call via the pc". After several tries, I found that calling doesn't work if in your "Phone App" enabled "Calling via WiFi". This new VoWiFi technology. I'm not sure, but it looks like a sidesync bug.

Hope I was able to help someone

18 REPLIES 18
Shane-Dion
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this same issue using my Samsung Galaxy S8 Device with the most recent version of SideSync.  It used to work great using my PC for calls (a little echo sometimes) but its frustrating using every other feature yet not even being able to make and recieve calls via bluetooth with my computer.  Why has no one answered this after two weeks?  Seems a little ridiculous for a company the size of Samsung with such great products I think!

Shane

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @rolfeus & @Shane-Dion

Just to check, have you noticed this problem start since Nougat released? I had heard there might be some problems with Side Sync for a while after that, basically the app just needed some updates. Also, While I know one of you is using Windows 7 on their PC, what about you userCEAECFY7Wd?

Can you both make sure your phones are fully updated in their Operating Systems and all their apps? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Shane-Dion
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As I stated in my message, I am using the latest Windows 10 Creative Build with all updates current.  I was having the same issue before the release of Nougat.  I need to know if the software is simply flawed or if there is a fix.  It seems I should be able to make calls through the SideSync App.  Is the bluetooth function available whereas the phone would use the bluetooth to route the call through the speakers and microphone on the PC the same way it does to an Jawbone Jambox, a bluetooth headset, or my vehicle.  It would seem that if the bluetooth allowed you to have a call via these devices that you could do the same thing with your PC.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using Side Sync with a USB cord or via the wifi network? One would be considerably more stable and reliable than the other. I do know that Windows 10 was having problems with Side Sync specifically though. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

rolfeus
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your input. I dont know what I was thinking at the time of my initial post -- Ijust noticed that I had the wrong OS.

Currently I am on the latest version of Windows 10. I have tried both WI-FI and USB connections with the same result.

-rolfeus

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah thanks for that correction @rolfeus!

It sounds like you're both having problems because it's Windows 10. I'm going to snag up the information you both gave and send that up to add to what has been mentioned before.  Smiley Happy

It might take a correction to Windows 10, which we wouldn't have much say in, but at least Samsung can make sure it's not on our side. 

rolfeus
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Edit 2: Re added post since it was not appearing for some reason. Removed an external link just in case.

Hi Again,

Wanted to chime in with some extra information. I also tried the following:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the latest versions of the app in both PC and Android. Still didn't work.
  • Reinstalled several Microsoft C++ Distributables (various versions of both x86 and x64). Still didn't work.
  • Tried a workaround specified in other forums, which consists in removing a DLL dependency from sidesync.exe. Still didn't work.
  • As a last resort, I tried intalling it in a Mac, updated it to the latest 4.7.5.XXXX, and it... kind of worked.

I was able to get the call working on the mac, but the call audio can only be heard through the phone earpiece, and not through the mac's speakers. Strangely, all other audio can be heard from the Mac speakers (app clicks, music, etc). If I browse to youtube on sidesync while connected to the phone, I am able to hear and watch the videos on the Mac speakers.

I went and did the same on the PC. I was able to browse to, watch, and hear youtube videos through sidesync while connected to the W10x64 machine. It seems like a similar problem is happening on both Mac and PC, on my experience at least. Hopefully this information can be passed to a tech team that can look into it.

Regards,
rolfeus

PS. Mac is MacBook Pro, OS Sierra 10.12.4

rolfeus
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungViv

Hello, any updates on this issue? I have attached additional useful information on my previous post. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this point, sadly no. I know they are working with both PC and Mac in an attempt to get this sorted back out though! Windows 10 and the Sierra 10 (and up) have both had some pretty big differences. Then you add in the differences in Nougat and they just don't play well together right now.  =/