JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sim Card notification

(Topic created: 10-15-2021 03:28 PM)
JeSOceanside45
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
For months my S8 (yes, I can use an upgrade) will automatically go to 'no service/emergency use only' and tell me to insert my sim card but, this phone has never had or needed one. How do I get this to stop??? Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I understand how frustrating receiving this message must be. All phones require a SIM card for service. Many times the phones will come with the SIM card already preinstalled. This link will show the steps for removing and inserting a SIM card. https://publish.samsungsimulator.com/simulator/a0d999aa-fa26-4280-bb28-a188de758a60/#!topic/getting_... I recommend reaching out to your service provider and requesting a replacement SIM card.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Mayze
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Your phone never needed a sim card? Idk if that's right. Sounds like your sim is malfunctioning. You might need a new one
0 Likes
JeSOceanside45
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Nope! I have NEVER had or needed a sim card. This model never had one.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I understand how frustrating receiving this message must be. All phones require a SIM card for service. Many times the phones will come with the SIM card already preinstalled. This link will show the steps for removing and inserting a SIM card. https://publish.samsungsimulator.com/simulator/a0d999aa-fa26-4280-bb28-a188de758a60/#!topic/getting_... I recommend reaching out to your service provider and requesting a replacement SIM card.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Mayze
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Oh wow. I'll have to do some research on that one