cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermhZhCsaspZ
Constellation

Slowly groing black spot on my screen.....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a spot on the top edge of my galaxy s7 edge that has slowly been growing. It's a half circle type shape. When it started it was barely at the black edge line at the top. It has over time now grown to reach the top of the battery emblem. When I took it back to the Verizon store. They said they could not do anything about it. ....any suggestions? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Slowly groing black spot on my screen.....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usermayrHtdu76 That's definitely unusual. I would recommend seeing about setting up an evaluation and possible repair for your device. You can reach out to us privately here with your model number and IMEI for help with this. 

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
userZZANO27TjT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You have damage the screen

usermhZhCsaspZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It came like this. But it was very slight. Just barely at the edge of the black line. Didn't even notice it at first till turned phone in landscape mode for a video. Took it back to to store and was told it happens sometimes. Normal. That's as big as it would be. Couldn't exchange it because I ordered it via mail......but it is growing. Slowly. But growing. No damage to the screen or phone at all. Has been in a case and screen protector from day one...... kinda expected more from a high end phone. 

userovPihUyV0P
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Purchase a screen replacement and have it professionally installed. Sounds like internal damage to the screen. 

Lu00lu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue on mine. My half circle is by the time on the top right corner. Itso starting to get closer to the "PM" now. 

uservvWraVFmnT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem on S6 edge which I got when it was first available. Upper left, oval shaped, also slowly growing. Have always had a top-of-the-line screen protector and case on it. I'm just now investigating. Has anyone contacted Samsung? Results?

usergEE8zMhRie
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have and they repair man said i cracked the screen. I am wondering how this happend as i did not drop my phone and i have case and screen protector on it. I was texting my friend and suddenly green mark showed up near my volume key and slowely progressed to all screen. Not sure what to do?

userA5niA71AKi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue the white spot on right side growing slowly and black on left but the touch is working definately fine 6 months ago i replaced my samsaung grand prime screen 

userMKazWLpiFM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems that I have the same issue,  but on the opposite side!  Please let me know what becomes of your situation 

usereF7YDIUJmE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same issue on my S7 edge. The spot is at the left edge. It started from narrow short line and after couple of months it increased to half circle. Now it's annoying and I decided to get the replacement. How can I get a new one?