JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Call not working on incoming calls after PIE update

(Topic created: 02-19-2019 03:31 PM)
The_Chemist
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I hope someone can help with this frustrating issue.

 

My S9 Plus just received Android 9 Pie update today.  After the update my "Samsung Caller ID" Smart Call stopped displaying the name of any incoming caller not in contacts when the call comes in. 

 

Smart call still will display names of places or people called not in contacts on outgoing calls.  I don't get it!

 

Smart call is turned on in the phone settings. 

 

I found the app and allowed permissions to phone and contacts, but still not working.

 

I looked on my Note 9 as well and found the Smart Call app.  It does not have permissions granted for phone and contacts, but yet it works.  So, I don't think that is the problem.  Apparently PIE messed something up on my S9 Plus. 

 

Does anyone know how to fix this, or do we have to wait for an update?

 

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The_Chemist
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm on my Samsung Factory Unlocked S9+ right now. I'm not seeing a way to unmark the solution that I previously stated solved the issue.
0 Likes
Reply
The_Chemist
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
After being on ignore (hold) with Verizon for over an hour and getting passed from person to person and tier to tier, they stated that they send full caller ID information data along to all subscribers. Other individuals are having this same issue after the PIE update, it would be interesting to see what carriers they have...
0 Likes
Reply
userOIXCcGqw4C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It has nothing to do with carrier. Everything was working fine until pie update

0 Likes
Reply
The_Chemist
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

 


@userOIXCcGqw4C wrote:

It has nothing to do with carrier. Everything was working fine until pie update

 

Agreed!


 

0 Likes
Reply
LiemHan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem even though I tried so many different approach trying to resolve it. It is really annoying.

0 Likes
Reply
bumboola
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've tried clearing the data and cache from the Smart call and Hiya apps and it still didn't work. Tried wiping the cache partition and it still didn't work, not intermittenly, not ever. I found this post at the bottom of this thread on Reddit

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS9/comments/as58m3/samsung_smart_call_caller_id_broken_after_pie/

 

I didn't give contacts and permissions to the app because it worked fine without doing that before Pie but I did follow the rest of the post and it works fine again, giving me the warning during the call and I can choose to report it then or several hours (or days) after the fact.

 

I can't guarantee this will work for you but it fixed the problem for me. 

0 Likes
Reply
userW13TTkHcqw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i had the same issues after i updated to android pie, i could make calls no problem but not receiving calls, i tried everything , even calling my service provider and nothing worked,  than i tried updating a caller id  app that needed to be updated and it fixed the issue, it was like the app was rejecting all of my calls automatically and  would make my phone not ring during any calls,  hope this helps.

0 Likes
Reply
The_Chemist
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userW13TTkHcqw wrote:

i had the same issues after i updated to android pie, i could make calls no problem but not receiving calls, i tried everything , even calling my service provider and nothing worked,  than i tried updating a caller id  app that needed to be updated and it fixed the issue, it was like the app was rejecting all of my calls automatically and  would make my phone not ring during any calls,  hope this helps.


Thanks for the input, but that's not the same problem. 

 

The problem that some of us are having is that the caller ID from Samsung Smart Call is not identifying the calling party upon an incoming call. The phone just displays "unsaved" and the numerical incoming number. There is also no option to report the call as sp@m. It is am intermittent problem. Sometimes it does work and you can report the call. It's the luck of the draw. Worked just fine until the Pie update. 

0 Likes
Reply
user4nGgcHNAdp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I agree I'm having the same problem on Cricket which uses the at&t network network.

But I do receive the information when my phone has been dormant for awhile, but when the phone is in text mode or any other apps or just the main screen I do not receive any information or can I answer the incoming call all I get is a ring and or vibrate .. Galaxy S9 plus unbranded international model.

0 Likes
Reply
Clsisk3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have ATT and am having this same issue


@The_Chemist wrote:
After being on ignore (hold) with Verizon for over an hour and getting passed from person to person and tier to tier, they stated that they send full caller ID information data along to all subscribers. Other individuals are having this same issue after the PIE update, it would be interesting to see what carriers they have...

 

0 Likes
Reply