Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Smart Lock Trusted Places not working since recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@userNJkeU3rP6U wrote:

Since the last Samsung update my Galaxy s7 phone trusted places is not working to keep my phone unlocked AFTER it times out for the 4 hour period of inactivity.

It works fine after a reboot but then if I go past the 4 hour inactivity point and have to re-enter my PIN it then asks me for my PIN each time I use the phone.

I then have to go into settings and set up smart lock and trusted places and reboot.

Please let me know if a fix is coming and if so when.

This is not solved by any means.

I have tried many things such as standing in different parts of the house and adding that as a trusted place and doing it manually by moving the dot around where my yard is outside the house and saving that. I've set like a dozen all around the property via the manually moving the pin. This makes the swipe to unlock on trusted place work for a while and then it acts up once again. And it's not because of a 4 hour lag in use. Were talking sitting here watching a movie or show and itll work one minute and then a few minutes later when I get another message and go to swipe it doesnt work.

I'm ready to throw my 1200 dollar phone through the wall and that's NOT a good thing. I've seen one post on another search that mentioned the problem was on 8 point something android and that the person has had it working again since updating go 9. But we're now on android 10 so it seems to me if 9 worked for someone and 8 and 10 are giving problems that it just be a software glitch as someone else here has said.

I would leave it turned off but in sick of my anti virus always popping up phone is unsafe. So I cant win either way. 

This is new phone is the first time I've used smart Lock and it worked ok when I got the phone a few months ago until a system update and now now matter how many updates they've had since that one it hasn't worked.

I have noticed that it acts up worse when I leave home and come back even though the phone automatically reconnectes to the phone wifi so I'm wondering if it's a wifi issue. I might try leaving the phone wifi off and see if the smart lock improves. Although we SHOULDNT HAVE TO DO THAT  ITS WORTH A SHOT. 

Anyway yada yada

SAMSUNG FIX THE THING.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just tried several things like "triangulate" which some suggested. That doesn't work, and if it does, not long. Within Smart Lock, Trusted Locations, I just turned off the very first option which has "Home" from Google maps that I use for commutes. I already had the dropped pins and those seem to work now. It appears the Google Maps location does not work for Smart Unlock now.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I like my smart unlock and I noticed my note 10 plus wasn't unlocking at home. Just now I was playing with some settings and I turned on nearby device scanning in more connection settings and now testing my phone, it's staying unlocked.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got an new Galaxy S20 Ultra running Android 10 and I can confirm trusted places does not work. I can get it randomly to work for a few.m hours but then it stops and I cannot get it going again. I have tried every reset, cache clear, data clear. You name it. Nothing works. Upon looking into Samsung forums this has been an ongoing issue since at least 2017. Glad to see Samsung is interested in a fix. (sarcasm) Based on the other issues I have had over the years with Samsung products I am not very hopeful this will ever be fixed.