cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrDoh
Asteroid

Smart Switch doesn't work with MacOS Catalina...

I've just installed the newest Beta of MacOS Catalina (10.15). It is a Beta, but it's Beta 6, and release is only 2 or 3 weeks away. So this is probably not the last Beta version, but it is very solid. Apparently Smart Switch that worked on Mojave (10.14.5) doesn't work on Catalina.

Trying to find out when Samsung will be putting out an update of Smart Switch that will work with MacOS Catalina...I had to go back and make a backup on the only Windows 10 system that I have, kind of a bummer to have to go backwards like that *smile*.

Anyone know when Smart Switch will be available for Catalina?

4 REPLIES 4
senpiebeatz
Asteroid

Have you checked XDA or GitHub? Apetoid is now syncing ap...

Have you checked XDA or GitHub? Apetoid is now syncing apps for IOS, Android, and Huawei OS. I had tongrab ANT+ Service from apetoid, and retrieve some Samsung Apps such as updated Bixby framework due to lack of delivery from Sprint and my location.

Hang in there a lot of software isn't communicating as were all rushing to tie all the SDKs together.

userLL9g9syzxE
Constellation

Re: Smart Switch doesn't work with MacOS Catalina...

Facing the same issue! I don't even have a windows to take backup. For me, neither is Samsung Smart Switch working on OS Catalina nor is the android file transfer! any other easy and direct backup options available?

userS1WDVbno0c
Constellation

I'm having the same problem. Other software sees it fine (Android File Transfer) but would really like to be able to fully back it up without having to dig up a windows computer.

userD6yCOPmNsW
Constellation

Hi all,

Best option would be inserting the usb dongle of your macbook to the Samsung device and than you can transfer all of your files from your Samsung device to the usb. Unfortunately, it will only work for devices s8 and above.