Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDZFDTwyDbP
Asteroid

Smart switch device locked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Peeps

The secreen on my Phone has cracked and is totaslly black, thus I cannot view the home screen.

I have connected it to my PC to back up my files through Smart Switch. However, a dialogue comes up stating that my Device is Locked, and that I need to unlock it.

The question is...how can I unlock it if I cant access the screen, and is there a work around to overcome this so I can back up my contacts etc before I send it off to be repaired.

Thanks in advance

Neil  in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Smart switch device locked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to get in touch and see if you were able to unlock your device.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @userDZFDTwyDbP

What security methods did you use to lock your device? If you registered the phone to your Samsung account you could try and unlock it by going to our Find my Mobile site here.

userDZFDTwyDbP
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wasn't aware that I had actively locked anything. I thought it meant my usual 4 digit login key. Clearly I am wrong/

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It could simply be asking to unlock the screen, but unfortunately, if you cannot swipe it unlocked, you may not be able to back it up via Smart Switch. Is the computer able to see it as a USB device where you can access folders?

userDZFDTwyDbP
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply.

The PC does see the device, but because it is locked it won't allow me to see the contents.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for clarifying that, @userDZFDTwyDbP. Have you attempted to unlock your device via Find My Mobile and then plugging your device in?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usersI9QOwaSaT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Samsung Trevor,

i have a similar problem. Samsung A5 with black screen. the screen will not unlock with the finger print access or my best guess at passcode. I have been able to ring it from 'Find my Phone' but there doesnt appear to be an option to unlock the phone. 

PLease help, i cant recover my contacts or photos!

THanks

Dickon

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to get in touch and see if you were able to unlock your device.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

View solution in original post

userDZFDTwyDbP
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately not...But it is on its way to the phone hospital to be repaired, and sadly I will lose its contents. I only save contacts to Google account, so atleast I will be able to reclaim them.

Many thanks for your help however @SamsungTrevor

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are doing ell. I just wanted to reach out and see if you could access your phone via USB on your PC.