Original topic:

SmartTag 2 nearby with ar camera problem.

(Topic created: 03-10-2024 03:43 PM)
sendo427
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi can anyone help me out with this so I've been trying to use the nearby AR camera thing to find my smart tag and I've downloaded the AR core thing but I never see a button to press for the AR camera or does it just switch on its own? because the uwb compass works. And also sometimes when I'm using the uwb compass the green camera permission symbol will pop up on the top of the notification panel. But nothing ever changes to see what the camera seeing or how ever it works
6 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If I'm not mistaken, the AR navigation needs to be able to identify landmarks, so you will need to be outside to successfully initialize it. From the SmartThings app>select your SmartTag>View map>More>Navigate>then select the location symbol in the bottom left corner of the map.
Screenshot_20240310_190059_Maps_1000003216_1710115259.png
sendo427
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ok I'll try it, thanks for the reply.
MrTechno23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm using my S23-Ultra and my Flip 5 to find the new Smart Tag 2. However I'm not seeing the option where I can use the AR/Camera feature to look for the device. Is there a system issue or is I just my phone? I tried updating the apps and they're all up to date. Somehow it's not working properly even if it's nearby.

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
To the best of my knowledge, the AR navigation needs to be able to identify your surroundings, so you will need to be outside to successfully initialize it. From the SmartThings app>select your SmartTag>View map>More>Navigate>then select the location symbol in the bottom left corner of the map.Screenshot_20240310_190059_Maps_1000003216_1710115259_1000003548_1710535627.png
0 Likes
Rrrrrrr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The Z Flip 5 doesn't have support for the Ultra-wideband needed for that feature
0 Likes
MrTechno23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Are you for real? How did you find this out? Thanks for the information
0 Likes