Original topic:

Smartlock not working after update

(Topic created on: 5/12/21 6:43 AM)
userUhsevIPcEj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Updated my Galaxy S8 on April 11, and now the Trusted Places smartlock setting is not working. I've restarted my phone, turned off location and wifi, reset the trusted place location and calibrated google maps with no luck. Working from home this is a major inconvenience; I don't want to have to walk around the block just to have my phone be unlocked at home.

Also not thrilled that apparently this is the only way to alert Samsung to the issue

6 Replies
userfySLFPEttP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Galaxy S9 here; Smart Lock/Trusted Places worked for several weeks the stopped recently. It was not related to a system update, but auto update is on for many apps, so a background change may have happened. Anyone have any recommendations? (Location permissions don't have Smart Lock as an available app to allow. Setting a location knows exactly where I am, so GPS is still working.)

Ev5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
yes, yes. Major inconvenience!! have to unlock every 10 minutes or so. please tell us how to correct this "trusted places" item
DKPCOWBOY
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I gave up on "trusted places" years ago. Instead, I use "trusted devices" such as my Galaxy Watch...works like a champ. IF, HOWEVER, I move far enough away from my phone that my watch disconnects from the phone, I have to re-establish the connection for Smart Lock to work, again.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

so you turned off the location completely or you turned it back on? location needs to be turned on for trusted places to work.. im sure you knew about this.. but yeah i would submit an error report via samsung members app

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Smart lock has never worked for me with my s20 Ultra.
0 Likes
userSap6jXBIEy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does anyone from Samsung post any solutions to any problem???? I haven't seen one yet. Nothing under Smart Locks works after the last update...even on body detection. Very aggravating.

0 Likes