cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Snapdragon phone bootloaders not unlockable

Hi everyone. First post here. I was wondering why both my Galaxy S9+ and Galaxy S10 have locked bootloaders? They're both the W variant and I have no idea why the bootloaders are locked. I was hoping there was some sort of way to unlock them, but I have searched high and low with no luck. Why are the bootloaders locked in the first place? I want to unlock them so I can get extra life out of my phones when they eventually go past the android update period.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Snapdragon phone bootloaders not unlockable

@useruSXBAjjEmW 

Since this is the official Samsung troubleshooting forum I am not sure we can help you unlock that bootloader. That said, a particular model of device might be locked because it's from a phone carrier a country of origin that locks it, etc.

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Constellation

So, is there any way to unlock the bootloader? Or would I need to contact my carrier to unlock the bootloader?

Highlighted
Supernova

@useruSXBAjjEmW I'd reach out to your carrier here for further support!

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Astronaut

I purchased a NEW,  CARRIER-unlocked , G960U1 on Amazon (seller: SAMSUNG) for the purpose of loading a well-vetted custom OS on it.  But I foolishly assumed it would have the same "OEM Unlock" feature that the international models have.

I know a custom OS it will void my warranty. I don't care. I'm a responsible adult and I know what I'm doing.

I know a custom OS supposedly exposes me to "vulnerabilities."  I'm a responsible adult and will accept that risk.  the custom OS is actually more well-vetted than anything cooming from the manufactrer or carrier.

Since I bought this phone carrier-unlocked, I can't reach out to the carrier.  Can I pay Samsung to unlock this bootloader for me?